- Activate the alarm by pulling the fire alarm and/or call 911.
- Only properly trained employees should attempt to extinguish a fire.
- Walk quickly in an orderly fashion to the nearest building exit and promptly vacate the facility.
- Do not use elevators. Use the stairs.
- Try to assist anyone who is disabled or injured to evacuate.
- To reduce fire or smoke damage, close all doors and windows when leaving the room and the hallways if you have time.
- Report any hazardous conditions to the Reno Fire Department or call 911 dispatcher.
- Do not re-enter the building until instructed to do so by emergency responders.
If You Are Trapped in a Building During a Fire
- Stay close to the floor where the air is less toxic.
- Shout at regular intervals to alert emergency crews of your location.
- If smoke is entering the room through cracks in the door, stuff wet clothing in the cracks to slow the flow.
- If your clothes catch fire, drop to the floor and roll to smother the fire, or smother the fire with a blanket, rug, or heavy coat.
After a Fire
- Residual dangers may exist. Do not enter restricted areas without official authorization.