Application deadline for Ph.D.: Fall: Dec 15, Spring: Nov 1
Application deadline for M.S.: Fall: Dec 15, Spring: Nov 1
In addition to the general requirements required by the Graduate School, the EECB program requires the following:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- For international students, a TOEFL score of 600 or greater or IELTS
- Coursework in physical sciences, mathematics, and biochemistry; exact coursework to be determined by each EECB advisor, in consultation with our admissions committee. Recommend coursework could include, for example:
- Coursework in physical sciences (6 credits)
- University mathematics including calculus (6 credits)
- Organic chemistry or biochemistry (6 credits)
- Biology coursework (24 credits, including genetics, evolution, and ecology), or equivalent evidence of ability to succeed in a doctoral program in ecology, evolution and conservation biology
The admissions committee considers all aspects of each student's application, and we aim to be inclusive and flexible for admissions decisions for students with a variety of backgrounds.
The preferred approach admission to the EECB program is outlined below:
- Check out our list of program areas and potential EECB faculty members.
- Visit faculty websites, read some of their papers, and find an advisor with interests that really excite you.
- Contact faculty to express interest, and inquire if they are planning to accept students in the near future.
- Sending a CV and short statement of interest during these initial email contacts is a great way to help faculty understand who you are and how you might fit into their labs.