Post-Baccalaureate Program in Early Childhood Education Teacher Licensure
- More Info: Loading...
Graduates of our Human Development and Family Studies bachelor's degree programs interested in teaching children birth through 2nd grade may pursue this post-baccalaureate program to obtain coursework towards the Nevada teaching licensure in this area. Students are engaged in learning through advanced courses in curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
Students will take 29 credits to graduate from this program: 18 credits in the early childhood curriculum, 3 credits in assessment and evaluation, and 8 credits of practical experience. Those who already have one year of verifiable experience teaching pupils under six years of age in an ECE program conducted by a public school, public agency, or private school licensed pursuant to CH 392 or NRS may be excused from the required 8 credits of practical experience.
If you are not a graduate of one of our HDFS bachelor's degree programs, you may take the following prerequisite courses prior to applying. You may apply to the program before completing all of the prerequisite courses, and may be admitted on a provisional basis. Please first consult with an HDFS program faculty member.
- EDES 300 - Language Arts and Literature PK-3
- EDU 205 - Early Foundations in mathematics
- EDU 207 - Exploring Children's Literature
- HDFS 201 - Lifespan Human Development
- HDFS 250 - Early Childhood Curriculum
- HDFS 431B - Advanced Human Development: Childhood
- HDFS 435 - Child Socialization: A Systems Perspective
For more information, please contact Jennifer Mortensen, graduate faculty advisor, at email@example.com or (775) 682-5507.
The recommended application deadline for fall is May 15, 2018. Prospective students must submit the application below along with the indicated supplemental materials. They must also apply to the University through www.unr.force.com.
- Application for Admission to the Post-Baccalaureate Early Childhood Program
- Supplemental materials:
- Praxis CORE or CBEST score sheet [Preparing for the Praxis CORE Tests]
- Candidate Professional Behaviors and Dispositions Form
- Resume [Instructions]
- Personal essay [Instructions]
- At least one letter of recommendation [Instructions]
Related Degrees and Programs
- Human Development and Family Studies, Minor
- Bachelor of Science in Human Development and Family Studies (HDFS)
- Post-Baccalaureate Program in Early Childhood Education Teacher Licensure
- Master of Science in Human Development and Family Studies
Contact College of Education
|Phone||(775) 784-4345 (Main)|
|Location||William J. Raggio|
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV 89557