Degrees and Programs
Graduate interdisciplinary specialization and undergraduate interdisciplinary minor programs in developmental disabilities are administered by the Nevada Center for Excellence in Disabilities (NCED) through the College of Education
- Developmental Disabilities, Minor [Undergraduate Minor]
The Ph.D. program in Education prepares you at an advanced level to work in higher education and school/agency leadership roles. There are eight areas of emphasis: Counselor Education and Supervision; Educational Leadership; English Language Learners; Equity and Diversity in Education; Information Technology in Education; Literacy Studies; STEM Education; and Special Education and Disabilities Studies.
- Ph.D. in Education [Ph.D.]
- Ph.D. in Education: STEM Education [Ph.D.]
- Ph.D. in Education: Counselor Education and Supervision [Ph.D.]
- Ph.D. in Education: Literacy Studies [Ph.D.]
- Ph.D. in Education: Equity and Diversity in Education [Ph.D.]
- Ph.D. in Education: Special Education and Disability Studies [Ph.D.]
- Ph.D. in Education: English Language Learners [Ph.D.]
- Ph.D. in Education: Educational Leadership [Ph.D.]
- Ph.D. in Education: Information Technology in Education [Ph.D.]
The study of leadership allows individuals to examine the fundamental institutions in society, to develop skills in research and analysis, and to prepare to enter challenging and influential roles in many areas.
The education program enables students to develop a strong foundation of knowledge about teaching and learning, display a love of learning, value democracy and pluralism, and engage in reflective practice about one's growth as a teacher.
This program allows educators and those in related fields to enhance their knowledge, skills, and dispositions to work more effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
This major prepares students to work with individuals of all ages and their families.
This innovative program prepares you to be an elementary teacher in Nevada for grades K-8. In addition, you earn an additional license or endorsement that enables you to be effective and prepared for today’s diverse classrooms: (1) early childhood education, (2) special education, and/or (3) English as a second language.
NevadaTeach is for anybody interested in teaching secondary math or science, and anyone interested in adding an extra career option to their math or science degree.
- NevadaTeach Minor [Undergraduate Minor]
- Secondary Education and Chemistry, B.S. [BS]
- Secondary Education and Biology, B.S. [BS]
- Secondary Education and Agricultural Sciences, B.S. [BS]
- Secondary Education and Atmospheric Science, B.S. [BS]
- Secondary Education and Environmental Science, B.S. [BS]
- Secondary Education and Mathematics, B.S. [BS]
- Secondary Education and Physics, B.S. [BS]
The Secondary Education Program is committed to preparing teachers who are able to meet the challenges of today's classrooms.