Alternative testing services
Please note that Alternative Testing Services are only available to students registered with the Disability Resource Center. If you have not yet registered with our office, please complete the Student Application and someone will contact you to schedule an intake appointment.
Please note: all steps require logging into your AIM Student Portal using your NetID and Password.
Please be aware that exams requests submitted without sufficient notice may be denied. For normal terms, the required notice is at least 2 business days for midterms and 5 business days for finals. The DRC recommends scheduling all exams as soon as possible, preferably in the first few weeks of the semester .
- Request Accommodations from your dashboard. Exam appointments cannot be scheduled until an accommodation request has been submitted and the Exam Proctoring Information Form has been completed by your instructor.
- Select "Alternative Testing" beneath "My Accommodations" on the left side menu.
- In the white box on the top, select the class you want to schedule for from the dropdown menu. If the class you want is not listed, your instructor for that class has not completed the Proctoring Information Form yet.
- Click "Schedule an Exam"
- On the form that appears, select the Request Type (Quiz, Midterm or Final), then enter the date and time of your exam. Select any Alternative Testing Services you would like to utilize for the appointment, and provide any additional notes if necessary. When you're ready, click "Add Exam Request".
- If you requested with sufficient notice (2 days for midterms or 5 days for finals), you are finished. If you are requesting your exam date late (without sufficient notice), you will be prompted as to why. Select a reason from the dropdown (you may add more detail if desired) and check the box to confirm you understand the late request policy. Then click "Submit Late Exam Request" to submit.
Your exam request will be sent to the DRC Alternative Testing team to be reviewed. You will be notified through email and your AIM Dashboard once your appointment has been confirmed, or if any changes are necessary.