Possible Syllabi Statements
Please Utilize the Information Below in Crafting Your Syllabi Statement
For Traditional and Seated Classrooms:
- If you have a disability and will be requiring assistance, please contact me or the Disability Resource Center (Pennington Student Achievement Center Suite 230) as soon as possible to arrange for appropriate accommodations.
- Any student with a disability needing academic adjustments or accommodations is requested to speak with me or the Disability Resource Center (Pennington Student Achievement Center Suite 230 ) as soon as possible to arrange for appropriate accommodations.
- I encourage any student needing to request accommodations for a specific disability to please meet with me at you earliest convenience to ensure timely and appropriate accommodations.
- The (College, Dept.) supports providing equal access for students with disabilities. I am available to discuss appropriate academic accommodations that students may require. Please meet with me at your earliest convenience to ensure timely and appropriate accommodations.
For Online Courses:
- If you are a student who would normally seek accommodations in a traditional classroom, please contact me as soon as possible. You may also contact the Disability Resource Center for services for online courses by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (775) 784-6000.
- Academic accommodations for online courses may be different than those for seated classrooms; it is important that you contact us as soon as possible to discuss services. The University of Nevada, Reno supports equal access for students with disabilities. For more information visit: the Disability Resource Center.
Please do not use the following:
"UNR policy states that it is the responsibility of students with documented disabilities to contact instructors during the first week of each semester to discuss appropriate accommodations to ensure equity in grading, classroom experience, and outside assignments."
There is no such policy and we cannot legally require students to disclose during the first week. Much thanks!