The University of Nevada, Reno has several Diversity Committees focusing on campus-wide diversity initiatives. They are part of a structure for issues- and constituent-based action to ensure that many groups are working to create a diverse and welcoming campus climate.
Diversity committees include the following:
- Advocates and Allies for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Committee
- Committee on the Status of Women
- Cultural Diversity Committee
- Diversity Council
- International Activities Committee
- Stewards of Veterans Academic Success
- University Disabilities Advocacy Committee
- Work, Life, and Family Council
All the committee chairs serve on the Diversity Council to provide continuity and communication among the group.
The University Diversity Committees are open to all faculty, staff and students who wish to volunteer to participate in a variety of new and established initiatives and program development opportunities. Membership meetings are normally held monthly Sept.-Dec. and Feb.-May during the academic year.
For more information, visit the committee webpages or contact the Office of the President.