Faculty interested in trying Top Hat Classroom can access a hands-on demo and freely explore the features and functionality of the platform. For an individual demonstration, please contact Top Hat representative Tasha Eisen at email@example.com.
It is recommended that the Top Hat registration link be added to a module within your WebCampus course. Adding the registration link in a prominent place will help ensure that students complete the registration process and that Top Hat grades are synced to WebCampus.
Steps to adding a Top Hat registration link within a WebCampus course
1. In WebCampus, navigate to your course Modules page.
2. Create a module that will contain the Top Hat registration link (or use an existing module).
3. Click on the plus sign at the top of the module. See Figure 1 for a visual example.
4. In the Add Item dialog, select "External Tool" from the drop-down menu.
5. Scroll the list of tools and select "Top Hat."
6. Click on "Add Item" link.
See Figure 2 below for a visual example of steps 4-6.
The Top Hat registration link will take students to a login or registration page. Once students have successfully registered and logged in, Top Hat will be linked to their WebCampus accounts. See Figure 3 for a visual example.
Figure 3. Screesnshot of the Top Hat registration link with green check marks.
Students use Top Hat app to participate in classroom polling activities. The app can be downloaded at the Apple Store/GooglePlay. Students can also use a web browser on the laptop to respond to polling questions. A subscription is required. The subscription fee is $26/term or $43/year (University pricing)
Every new professor that decides to use Top Hat receives a dedicated Top Hat instructional designer. The Top Hat team of 40+ instructional designers on-board, train and work one-on-one with instructors to ensure they're fully ready to use Top Hat for the first day of class.