Social Sciences and Humanities Degrees & Programs
The academic program in communication studies at the University of Nevada, Reno, emphasizes training in oral communication skills and the cognitive principles and strategies that support them.
A Criminal Justice degree can lead to a wide range of professional opportunities. Learn how you can get started.
The Graduate Certificate in Gender, Race and Identity provides a curriculum that complements existing graduate programs both at the M.A. and the Ph.D. levels. A Graduate Certificate Program in Gender, Race and Identity will be of benefit to students who are pursuing a graduate degree in other areas, including business, history, social work, social psychology, psychology, and sociology.
The Department of Geography emphasizes the study of landscape change and human-environment interactions in arid and mountainous environments. Coursework emphasizes the integration of human and physical geography and encourages the use of geospatial technologies (GIS, remote sensing, and cartography).
Historic preservation is a rapidly expanding field devoted to the understanding, recording, preservation, restoration or adaptive reuse of significant objects, buildings, sites, neighborhoods, districts or engineering works that reflect a portion of the nation's historic and prehistoric cultural heritage.
As the challenges facing our court systems mount, it is essential that the judiciary be equipped for transition. At the forefront of this movement is the highly successful Judicial Studies Program at the University of Nevada, Reno, one of only two such programs offered nationwide. The program offers a Master of Judicial Studies and a Ph.D.
The Master of Justice Management is a special degree program offering a broad selection of courses including foundation courses in justice theory and process, essentials of justice management, and courses specific to areas of concentration such as Juvenile Justice Management, Adult Justice Management, and Executive Court and Agency Administration.
NevadaTeach is for anybody interested in teaching secondary math or science, and anyone interested in adding an extra career option to their math or science degree.
- NevadaTeach Minor
- Secondary Education and Agricultural Sciences, B.S.
- Secondary Education and Environmental Science, B.S.
- Secondary Education and Chemistry, B.S.
- Secondary Education and Biology, B.S.
- Secondary Education and Atmospheric Science, B.S.
- Secondary Education and Mathematics, B.S.
- Secondary Education and Physics, B.S.
- Secondary Education and Geography, B.S.
PackTeach is for anybody interested in teaching secondary history, Spanish, social sciences, or English and anyone interested in adding an extra career option to their liberal arts degrees.
Philosophy is the study of disciplined thinking-the ability to read and listen critically, to address problems systematically, and to express ideas articulately.
Political science is the study of power and who wields it and to what end. Political science majors study how governments interact with individuals or other governments and examine the results of those interactions.
Pursuing a psychology degree can lead to a plethora of careers. Learn how you can get started.
- Psychology, Minor
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Psychology - Research Specialization, Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Psychology - Behavior Analysis, Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Master of Arts in Psychology, Behavior Analysis Specialization
- Master of Arts in Psychology, Behavior Analysis Specialization - Satellite Program
- Ph.D. in Psychology
- Ph.D. in Psychology, Behavior Analysis
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology
- Ph.D. in Psychology - Cognitive and Brain Sciences