Core Humanities Teaching Jobs
The Core Humanities program at the University of Nevada, Reno, regularly hires instructors for its classes on a per-course basis. Teachers hired on letter-of-appointment (LOA) must have experience teaching in our program as a graduate teaching assistant or show a completed master's degree in a humanities field and teaching experience in the humanities.
Preferred characteristics and expectations of instructors in the Core Humanities program include:
- demonstrated expertise in the subject matter taught in CH 201, 202 or 203.
- demonstrated effectiveness in helping students to improve the skills listed in the Learning Outcomes for each course.
- commitment to and enthusiasm for teaching in the humanities.
- ability to present complex material in clear and engaging ways.
- ability to create and maintain a positive classroom atmosphere based on mutual respect.
- ability to encourage the expression of diverse viewpoints through discussion and debate.
- a record of providing timely, consistent and effective feedback on student work.
Send a letter of application, a current resume, and five to 10 sample teaching evaluations (if available) to:
Daniel Enrique Perez, Director
Core Humanities Program/MS 0151
University of Nevada
Reno, NV 89557-0151
Instructors are hired from a continuing pool of qualified applicants as the need arises. Applications for this pool are accepted at any time.
The University of Nevada, Reno is an EEO/AA employer.