Adding a Print Button to Your Page
In an effort to further enhance the University's Web Accessibility Guidelines, we have implemented a "Print" button that allows users to view a printer-friendly version of the page. To enable this feature on your page, follow the instructions below.
Step 1 - Check your page schema
The print button requires that your page is already using the schema type "Campus Detail/List Page". If this is not the case, please submit a support ticket to get your page updated to the correct schema type.
Step 2 - Enable the print button
Near the bottom of your editing window, locate the "PrintButton" checkbox. Click on the checkbox to enable the print button on your page.
If you do not see this option, it could be because:
- Your page is not using the "Campus Detail/List Page" schema.
- Your page schema is not updated to the current version. If this is the case, please submit a support ticket for your schema to be updated.
Step 3 - Publish your page
Once you have enabled the print button, check in and publish your page to view the live results. If you need help publishing a page, please follow our Page Publishing Tutorial.
Step 4 - Try it out
Navigate to your page and locate the blue "Print" button near the top right of your article.
Things to keep in mind:
- The print button is only available in the latest version of the "Campus Detail/List Page" schema.
- When the document is printed or saved as a PDF, all links displayed on the page will be updated to display the link title with the url immediately following for accessibility purposes.
- Users have the ability to "disable" images so that they are not displayed on print.