Prospective graduate students
Prof. Yufeng Zheng’s research group is seeking motivated graduate and undergraduate students, who are interested in novel metallic materials design (titanium alloys, high entropy alloys and superalloys), additive manufacturing (LENS), advanced characterization (electron microscopy and atom probe tomography), phase transformation and deformation mechanisms in metals.
Prospective applicants should have a degree in materials science and engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, chemistry and related fields. Applicants with knowledge and experience in physical metallurgy of ferrous and non-ferrous alloys, advanced manufacturing and microstructure characterization are highly encouraged to apply. Outstanding visiting scholars and students are also welcome. Please contact Prof. Yufeng Zheng at firstname.lastname@example.org including an up-to-date CV and transcript.
- Processing-structure-property relationships in metals
- Advanced electron microscopy
- Additive manufacturing of metals
- Novel alloys design
- ICME & MGI
- Solid-solid state phase transformation mechanisms
- MSE710 Electron Microscopy
Published more than 50 papers in peer-reviewed journals and international conference proceedings. Citations: 710 (Google Scholar, 05/2020), h-index: 14, i10-index: 17.
- Stoichko Antonov, Yufeng Zheng, John M. Sosa, Hamish L. Fraser, Jonathan Cormier, Paraskevas Kontis, Baptiste Gault, Plasticity Assisted Redistribution of Solutes Leading to Topological Inversion during Creep of Superalloys, Scripta Materialia, in press.
- Song Lu, Stoichko Antonov, Longfei Li, Chengpeng Liu, Xiaona Zhang, Yufeng Zheng, Hamish L. Fraser, Qiang Feng, Atomic Structure and Segregation Behavior of Creep Defects in a Co-Al-W-based Single Crystal Superalloys under High Temperature and Low Stress, Acta Materialia, 190 (2020) 16-28.
- Xing Zhang, Bo Mao, Yiliang Liao, Yufeng Zheng*, Selective Laser Melting of Graphene Oxide-Reinforced Ti-48Al-2Cr-2Nb: Improved Manufacturability and Mechanical Strength, Journal of Materials Research, in press.
- Stoichko Antonov, Zachary Kloenne, Yipeng Gao, Dong Wang, Yunzhi Wang, Qiang Feng, Hamish L. Fraser, Yufeng Zheng, Novel Deformation Twinning System in a Cold Rolled High-strength metastable- β Ti-5Al-5Mo-5V-3Cr Alloy, Materialia, 9 (2020) 100614.
- Srinivas Mantri, Talukder Alam, Yufeng Zheng, James Williams, Rajarshi Banerjee, Influence of Post Deposition Annealing on Microstructure and Properties of Laser Additive Manufactured Titanium Copper Alloys, Additive Manufacturing, 32 (2020) 101067.
- Qianglong Liang, Dong Wang, Yufeng Zheng, Shuangshuang Shao, Yulin Hao, Rui Yang, Dipankar Banerjee, Hamish L. Fraser, Yunzhi Wang, Shuffle-nanodomain Regulated Strain Glass Transition in Ti-24Nb-4Zr-8Sn Alloy, Acta Materialia, 186 (2020) 415-424.
- Vishal Soni, Bharat Gwalani, Talukder Alam, Sriswaroop Dasari, Yufeng Zheng, Oleg N. Senkov, Daniel Miracle, Rajarshi Banerjee, Phase Inversion in a Two-phase, BCC + B2, Refractory High Entropy Alloy, Acta Materialia, 185 (2020) 89-97.
- Vishal Soni, Oleg. N. Senkov, J-P. Couzinie, Yufeng Zheng, Bharat Gwalani, Rajarshi Banerjee, Phase Stability and Microstructure Evolution in a Ductile Refractory High Entropy Alloy, Materialia, 9 (2020) 100569.
- Qianglong Liang, Zachary Kloenne, Yufeng Zheng, Dong Wang, Stoichko Antonov, Yipeng Gao, Yulin Hao, Rui Yang, Yunzhi Wang, Hamish L. Fraser, The Role of Nano-scaled Structural Non-uniformities on Deformation Twinning and Stress-induced Transformation in a Cold Rolled Multifunctional β-Titanium Alloy, Scripta Materialia, 177 (2020) 181-185.
- Yufeng Zheng, Stoichko Antonov, Qiang Feng, Rajarshi Banerjee, Dipankar Banerjee, Hamish L. Fraser, Shuffle-induced Modulated Structure and Heating-induced Ordering in the Metastable β-Titanium Alloy, Ti-5Al-5Mo-5V-3Cr, Scripta Materialia, 176 (2020) 7-11.
- Duyao Zhang, Dong Qiu, Mark A. Gibson, Yufeng Zheng, Hamish L. Fraser, David StJohn, Mark Easton, Additive Manufacturing of Ultrafine-grained High-strength Titanium Alloys, Nature, 576, 91-95 (2019).
- Yufeng Zheng, Daniel Huber, Hamish L. Fraser, Investigation of a Nano-scale, Incommensurate, Modulated Domain in a Ti-Fe Alloy, Scripta Materialia, 154 (2018) 220-224.
- Yufeng Zheng, Talukder Alam, Rajarshi Banerjee, Dipankar Banerjee and Hamish L. Fraser, The Influence of Aluminum and Oxygen Additions on Intrinsic Structural Instabilities in Titanium-Molybdenum Alloys, Scripta Materialia, 152 (2018) 150-153.
- Yufeng Zheng, Robert E.A. Williams, Gopal B. Viswanathan, William A. T. Clark and Hamish L. Fraser, Determination of the Structure of α-β Interfaces in Metastable β-Ti Alloys, Acta Materialia, 150 (2018) 25-39.
- Yufeng Zheng, Deep Choudhuri, Talukder Alam, Robert E.A. Williams, Rajarshi Banerjee and Hamish L. Fraser, The Role of Cuboidal ω Precipitates on α Precipitation in a Ti-20V Alloy, Scripta Materialia, 123 (2016) 81-85.
- Yufeng Zheng, Dipankar Banerjee and Hamish L. Fraser, A Nano-scale Instability in the β Phase of Dilute Ti-Mo Alloys, Scripta Materialia, 116 (2016) 131-134.
- Yufeng Zheng, Robert E.A. Williams, Soumya Nag, Rajarshi Banerjee, Hamish L. Fraser and Dipankar Banerjee, The Effect of Alloy Composition on Instabilities in β Phase of Titanium Alloys, Scripta Materialia, 116 (2016) 49-52.
- Yufeng Zheng, Robert E.A. Williams, Dong Wang, Rongpei Shi, Soumya Nag, Pavani Kami, John M. Sosa, Rajarshi Banerjee, Yunzhi Wang and Hamish L. Fraser, Role of ω Phase in the Formation of Extremely Refined Intragranular α Precipitates in Metastable β-Titanium Alloys, Acta Materialia, 103 (2016) 850-858.
- Yufeng Zheng, Robert E.A. Williams and Hamish L. Fraser, Characterization of a Previously Unidentified Ordered Orthorhombic Metastable Phase in Ti-5Al-5Mo-5V-3Cr, Scripta Materialia, 113 (2016), 202-205.
- Yufeng Zheng, Robert E.A. Williams, John M. Sosa, Talukder Alam, Yunzhi Wang, Rajarshi Banerjee and Hamish L. Fraser, The Indirect Influence of the ω Phase on the Degree of Refinement of Distributions of the α Phase in Metastable β-Titanium Alloys, Acta Materialia, 103 (2016) 165-173.
- Yufeng Zheng, John M. Sosa, Robert E.A. Williams, Yunzhi Wang, Rajarshi Banerjee, Hamish L. Fraser, The Role of Omega Phase in Non-Classical Homogeneous Precipitation in Titanium Alloys, Scripta Materialia 111 (2016) 81-84.