- Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Nevada, Reno. 2014- to date.
- Assistant Research Professor, Center for Advanced Vehicular Systems, Mississippi State University. 2010-2014.
- Postdoctoral fellow, Dept. of Mater Sci Eng., Johns Hopkins University. 2006-2010.
- Postdoctoral fellow, Dept. of Mater Sci Eng., University of Connecticut. 2004-2006.
- Research scientist, Institute of Metal Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences. 1996-1998.
- Welding engineer, Golden-Cup Automotive Company, Shenyang, China. 1990-1993.
- Ph.D., Materials Science Engineering, University of Connecticut, 2004
- M.S., Materials Science Engineering, University of Connecticut, 1999
- M.S., Materials Science Engineering, Institute of Metal Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 1996
- B.S., Materials Science Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China, 1990
- Best Fundamental Research Award, Light Metals Division, TMS, 2013.
- Atomistic simulations of phase transformation in alloys
- Atomistic simulations of carbon nanotubes
- Alloy solidification
- Mechanical properties of lightweight magnesium and magnesium alloys
- Dynamic recrystallization in magnesium alloys
- Texture evolution during thermomechanical processing of magnesium alloys
- Processing and mechanical properties of ultra-fine grained (UFG) magnesium alloys
- Deformation twinning in cubic and hexagonal metals
- Transmission electron microscopy
- Multiscale modeling of deformation of metals and alloy design