How to apply
We are currently seeking applications for the GAANN Fellowship program for students to enroll in Spring 2021 or Fall 2021. Applications are welcome at any time, but it is recommended to contact the GAANN Program Director, Dr. Keri Ryan, in advance by email.
Minimum qualifications for GAANN fellows
- Fellows must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, applicants who have documentation from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services of intent to become permanent residents, or citizens of a Freely Associated State.
- Fellows must have demonstrated financial need, via evaluation of the FAFSA by the Office of Financial Aid. Applicants are encouraged to work with the Financial Aid Office to understand how financial need is determined.
- Fellows must qualify for admission to the Ph.D. program in Civil and Environmental Engineering.
- Fellows must aspire to an academic career in research and teaching.
Women and minorities that are underrepresented in engineering are especially encouraged to apply.
Potential applicants will be pre-screened to determine if they will qualify for the program based on financial need and academic qualifications.
To be pre-screened for the GAANN Fellowship program, please complete the following steps.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and enter the University of Nevada, Reno school code (002568). Applicants wishing to be considered for Spring 2021 admission should use the 2020-2021 FAFSA form, while applicants wishing to be considered for Fall 2021 should use the 2021-2022 FAFSA form.
- Complete the pre-screening online form below. You will need to have the following materials available to complete the form:
- Transcripts for B.S. degree and M.S. degree (if applicable). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose: Outline your career goals. Include a description of adversity challenges you have faced and how you have overcome them, if applicable.
- List of 3 references.
Please allow two weeks for your pre-screening application to be evaluated by the GAANN leadership team.
Application to the Graduate School
Following the pre-screening, potential applicants that qualify will be encouraged to formally apply to the Graduate School at the University of Nevada, Reno.
For questions about the GAANN program, please email Dr. Keri Ryan at email@example.com.