University Marketing Communications Road Map
Revised March 1, 2018
We believe access to education and knowledge for all is essential to human progress.
Your future is powered by knowledge.℠
Learning, Discovery & Engagement. These are our core strengths.
How we support or substantiate these advantages:
- Ranked in the top tier of best national universities by U.S. News & World Report and in the top tier of the Times Higher Education/ Wall Street Journal World University Rankings
- Nevada’s land-grant institution since 1874, providing outreach to every county through University of Nevada Cooperative Extension; University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine; and hundreds of service-learning, internship and community engagement activities
- Carnegie Classification™ as a comprehensive, doctoral university with high research activity (R2)
- Offering more than 460 undergraduate and graduate degree, certificate and minor programs
- A dynamic, growing university with record levels of academic and institutional achievement, including 400+ National Merit Scholars and Presidential Scholars; the most culturally diverse enrollment in our history (37%); national championships in student competitions from civil engineering to integrative neuroscience to debate; and the production of more than 1,500 peer-reviewed national and international journal articles, books and exhibits by University faculty
- Increasing number of graduates each year, with an overall 73.6 increase increase in baccalaureate degrees awarded over the past decade (2007-2017).
- Remarkable value in higher education, ranked by Forbes Magazine as one of “America’s Top Colleges,” empowering focused students to graduate in four years while minimizing student debt
- Beautiful, vibrant, traditional, residential college campus with $750+ million in new buildings, labs and facilities in the past decade.
- Engaged, accomplished faculty and staff featuring nearly 100 Fulbright Scholars, American Physical Society Fellows, National Science Foundation Early Career Award winners, National Geographic Fellows and American Society of Civil and Mechanical Engineering members
- A campuswide culture of research and innovation, responsible for 74 active U.S. patents and 15 new patents annually
- An honors program notable for producing Goldwater, Truman, Marshall and Udall scholarship recipients and a 2014 Rhodes Scholarship finalist
- A focus on entrepreneurial thinking, with the $5 million Ozmen Center for Entrepreneurship, the $50,000 Sontag Business Plan Competition and The Innevation Center, Powered by Switch® in downtown Reno
- Home to Wolf Pack Athletics, an NCAA Division 1 athletics program
- Programs, facilities and events, including 250+ student clubs and organizations, more than 1,000 annual special events and programming and notable speakers that connect students academically and socially
- Home to the nationally recognized MakerSpace at DeLaMare Library
- Active partner with K-12 in improving the path of Nevada students to college and career
- Located where the Great Basin meets the High Sierra and Lake Tahoe, offering four seasons of outdoor recreational opportunities
- 89% of graduates are employed, in the military or in graduate school within one year of graduation