International Women’s Entrepreneurship Symposium
IWES 2020: Creating Value out of Chaos
University of Nevada, Reno
Joe Crowley Student Union
9-10 March 2020
The 2nd Annual International Women's Entrepreneurship Symposium brings together participants in the global women's entrepreneurship ecosystem to discuss and explore the topic of Creating Value out of Chaos.
Start-up founders and business owners can expect to:
- Be supported in their journey to create value in their company
- Learn ways to manage the chaos of the start-up life
- Learn how to value themselves and their company
- Learn how others have managed chaos and created value in their companies
- Network with experts in creating value, investors, entrepreneurs, community support agents, and researchers
Attendees supporting founders either through investment, support, or research can expect to:
- Learn how their messages and support are received by female entrepreneurs
- Learn ways in which to better support female entrepreneurs through the chaos of start-up creation
- Understand ways in which their services, support, financial support or research are valued by female entrepreneurs
- Understand how to better bring value to female entrepreneurs
- Network with entrepreneurs, and others supporting the female entrepreneurial ecosystem
Join us March 9th and 10th, 2020 at the University of Nevada, Reno in Reno, Nevada, USA. Discounted tickets are available for students, start-up founders and academic/government agencies. A limited number of scholarships are available for students, please email WES@unr.edu for more information.
About the Symposium
The International Women’s Entrepreneurship Symposium is produced under the auspices of the University of Nevada, Reno’s Ozmen Center for Entrepreneurship and the College of Business. The event was created in 2018 in order to encourage open communication, discussion, and positive collaboration between those researching and providing services to female founders and founders themselves.
The Symposium focuses on building a global community that supports each other’s work to support, create, and grow companies founded by women, across all geographies and sectors. The growing community is comprised of students, academics, start-up founders, business owners, investors, government agencies, support organizations, and the community at large. The Symposium is purposefully organized to encourage the building of relationships amongst attendees by providing space for meaningful conversations, engaging debates, and the exploration of practical application.
Each year the Symposium focuses on a topic relevant to female entrepreneurs. In 2019, participants explored Growth in the Age of Unicorns and Zebras with Keynotes from Zebra Movement co-founder Astrid Stoltz, 37Angels Founder Angela Lee, and the first female coach in Major League Baseball Justine Siegal. In 2020, the Symposium focuses on the global issue of Creating Value out of Chaos.
|9 March 2020|
|12:30-1:15pm||Registration & Networking|
|1:30-2:00pm||Keynote Speaker – Creating Value from Start-up through IPO|
|2:00-3:00pm||Valuing Yourself Through the Chaos|
|4:00-5:00pm||Creating Value through Global Customers Sales|
|6:30-9:00pm||Dine Around Dinners|
|10 March 2020|
|8:30-9:00am||Registration & Networking|
|9:00-9:15am||Welcome to Day 2|
|9:15-10:00am||Panel Discussion: Entrepreneurs Discuss their Stories of Creating Value out of Chaos|
|10:00-11:00am||Guiding Your Chaos – Global Entrepreneurial Leadership|
|11:15am-12:00pm||Funding Chaos – Tales from the Field Investors talk about the entrepreneurial journey|
|12:00-1:00pm||Lunch & Networking|
|1:00-2:00pm||Chaos & Creativity: Measuring the Value We Create Intro to Valuation & What Drives Value|
|2:00-3:00pm||Thriving in Chaos: Growing & Expanding Your Company|