Microsoft Imagine (Dreamspark) Resource Page
Microsoft Imagine (formerly Dreamspark or Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance (MSDNAA)) accounts will be created during the second week of classes, outside of the early-semester add/drop window. We have been licensed through the Microsoft Imagine program to provide software to students in certain Information Systems classes at a substantially reduced cost or free.
- To be eligible for the Microsoft Imagine program you must be enrolled in one of the following courses:
- If you registered with Microsoft Imagine using your NetID, then use the email address and password you used then to log in to the system. If you have not registered your NetID in the system follow the steps below:
- Your NetID will be used to register for an account in the Microsoft Imagine system.
- Choose the Register button and fill out the Student Identifier (NetID) and Email Address and Password
- The email address that is chosen during registration becomes the username. Students will not be allowed to enter an email address that has been previously used as a username in the Microsoft Imagine system (i.e. the email address they had registered in MyNEVADA last semester).
- Your computer must have Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 installed. If you have an older version you must upgrade your operating system.
How the Program Works
At the beginning of each semester we will use the class rosters to get your NetID and create your accounts. You will use your NetID to register for an account in the system. From there you can download and install the software that we have an agreement to provide to you. Be sure to read the licensing agreements, you are responsible for only using the software in a manner that is in accordance with the license agreement that you accept upon installation.
There are three options for obtaining the software:
- Download the software from the system at home
- Download the software in the labs and burn it to a CD
- Purchase a CD with the software that will be sent to you
College of Business Lab Consultants will not be able to download the software and put it on a CD for you.
If you are having problems with the system check out the FAQs.
You can only download and install software on one computer. ONLY DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE YOU NEED FOR THE CLASS YOU ARE ENROLLED IN. Downloading additional software may make the software unavailable for a future class if you get a new computer.