Outstanding Senior Award
Each spring semester, the Business Student Council, in partnership with The College of Business, recognizes graduating seniors that have gone above and beyond during their time in The College of Business. If you are graduating in either spring or fall of 2017, and you believe that you have had a positive impact on The College of Business, apply for The College of Business Outstanding Senior Award.
If chosen, you will be recognized at The College of Business Honors and Awards Banquet, where you will have the opportunity to network with the top business professionals in the Reno area.
Five Outstanding Seniors will be selected. Each senior will reflect one element that is important to The College of Business. Details on each Outstanding Senior Award are below:
- Academics: The Outstanding Senior of Academics helps facilitate peers' learning, may have an outstanding or strong GPA, may be in honor societies or academically based clubs, may pursue further education post-graduation.
- Engagement: The Outstanding Senior of Engagement may be involved in multiple organizations both on and off campus, and may have significantly contributed to the growth and development of those organizations during their participation.
- Global Perspective: The Outstanding Senior of Global Perspective brings a global perspective to their school and/or work environments, may be passionate about international business, may have participated in a global business or study abroad program.
- Leadership: The Outstanding Senior of Leadership empowers others to grow personally and professionally, may be focused on providing growth opportunities to peers, may hold a leadership role at work, in school, or in a club/organization.
- Service: The Outstanding Senior of Service is passionate about giving back to the Reno community and the university community, may be involved in multiple service organizations, may dedicate many hours per year to service.
Must be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credits or more) in the UNR College of Business, or have applied to graduate in the spring (less than 12 credits). Selected seniors must be able to attend The College of Business Honors and Awards Banquet on Friday, March 10, 2017 at 5:30 PM.
The deadline to turn in applications: February 3rd, 2017 by 11:59 PM. Apply by emailing the relevant PDF files to email@example.com
Access Outstanding Senior Award application here
2016 Most Outstanding Senior
Ashley Nickole Andrews graduates from University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) College of Business in May 2016 with a degree in marketing. Ashley is a dedicated University student with a 3.96 GPA. She is also an exemplary UNR employee, serving as an events and web presence manager at University of Nevada Cooperative Extension (UNCE). Ashley's passion for improving the University is evidenced through her continuous service in leader and member capacities on policy and culture-influencing committees, including UNR's Staff Employees' Council and UNCE's Image Enhancement and Diversity Committees. Her expertise in marketing is demonstrated by her two Constant Contact All Star Awards. Additionally, Ashley founded and administrates a Facebook group for local marketing and communications professionals. Ashley's future plans include earning a master's degree in strategic communications from The Reynold's School of Journalism. A portfolio of her academic and professional achievements is available online at www.ashleynickole.com.