ESNR has conducted numerous studies focusing on the economics public lands. Eighty percent of Nevada's land is public land, which makes understanding the economics surrounding it of utmost importance.
Public Lands Publications
- Evans, M.D.R. and K. Rollins. 2015. The social psychology of outdoor recreation lifestyles: dimensions, determinants and implications. Environmental Economics, 6 (2): 123-136.
- Epanchin-Niell, R., Rollins, K. S., Taylor, M. H. (2016). The Sage Grouse Listing Decision: How Changing Expectations Could Affect Private Conservation. Resources Magazine, 192 (May 23, 2016), 16-17.
- Eiswerth, M., R. Epanchin-Niell, K. Rollins, and M.H. Taylor. 2016. "Economic Modeling and the Management of Brome Grasses: Accounting for Ecosystem Dynamics, Ecological Thresholds, and Spatial Interdependencies," Chapter 15 in the book, "Exotic Brome Grasses in Semi-Arid Ecosystems of the Western US: Assessing Current and Future Invasions, Impacts, and Management Alternatives," Matt Germino, Cini Brown, and Jeanne Chambers, eds. (pp. 429-456). New York: Springer.
- James, J.J., R. Sheley, T. Erickson, K. Rollins, M.H. Taylor, J. Aronson, and K.W. Dixon. (2013). "A Systems Approach to Restoring Degraded Drylands", Applied Ecology 50(3): 730-739.
- Taylor, M. and K. Rollins. (2012). "Using Ecological Models to Coordinate Valuation of Ecological Change on Western Rangelands for ex post Application to Policy Analysis", Western Economics Forum11(1):13-2.
- Kobayashi, M., K. Moeltner, and K. Rollins. (2012). "Latent Threshold Analysis of Choice Data with Multiple Bids and Response Options", American Journal of Agricultural Economics 94(1):189-208.
- Kobayashi, M., K. Rollins, and M.D.R. Evans. (2010). "Sensitivity of WTP Estimates to Definition of 'Yes': Reinterpreting Expressed Response Intensity", Agricultural and Resource Economics Review 39(1):37-55.
- Rollins, K., D. Dumitras, and A. Castledine. (2008). "An Analysis of Congestion Effects Across and Within Multiple Recreation Activities", Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie 56(1): 95-116.
- Rollins, K. and D.E. Dumitras. (2005). "Estimation of Median Willingness to pay for a system of recreation areas", International Review of Public and Non Profit Marketing 2(1): 73-84.
- Boxall, P., K. Rollins, and J. Englin. (2003). "Heterogeneous Preferences for Wilderness Congestion", Resource and Energy Economics 25(2):177-195.
- Rollins K. and A. Lyke. (1998). "The Case for Diminishing Marginal Existence Values", Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 36: 324-344.
- Rollins, K. and W. Wistowsky. (1997). "Benefits of Backcountry Canoeing in Ontario Wilderness Parks", Journal of Applied Recreation Research 22(1): 9-31.
- Rollins, K., M.D.R. Evans, M. Kobayashi, and A. Castledine (2010). "Willingness to Pay Estimation When Protest Beliefs are not Separable from the Public Good Definition", UNR Joint Economics Working Paper Series, Working Paper No. 10-002.
- Taylor, M.H., L. Christman, and K. Rollins. (2013). "Risk Externalities, Wildfire Hazard, and Private Investment to Mitigate Wildfire Risk in the Wildland-Urban Interface", UNR Economics Working Paper Series. Working Paper No. 13-003.
- Rollins, K. S., Taylor, M. H., Annual meeting of the Multistate Research Project, W3133, "Benefits and Costs of Natural Resources Policies Affecting Ecosystem Services on Public and Private Lands.", "Valuing New Invasive Species Management Programs in the Context of Pre-existing Regional Water Quality and Resource Management Programs," Portland, Oregon, Portland, OR. (February 25, 2016).
- Kobayashi, Mimako, Thomas Harris, and Kimberly Rollins. (2010). "Invasive Weeds, Wildfire, and Rancher Decision Making in the Great Basin", Selected Paper 613121, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association>2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 23 pages.
- Kobayashi, Mimako, Kimberly Rollins, and Michael H. Taylor. (2010). "Ranching, Invasive Annual Grasses, and the External Costs of Wildfire in the Great Basin: A Stochastic Dynamic Programming Approach", Selected Paper 11955, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association>2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado. 39 pages.
- Rollins, K., M.D.R. Evans, and L. Christman. (2010). "The Value of Hunting and Impacts of Habitat Change in Nevada: Survey Summary Statistics", Technical Report UCED 2010/11-05.
- Rollins, K., A. Castledine, S. Swanson, M.D.R. Evans, K. McAdoo, B. Schultz, M. Havercamp, and and R. Wilson. (2007). "The 2005 Nevada Rangeland Vegetation Survey General Public Questionnaire", University of Nevada Cooperative Extension Special Publication 07-11, 48 pages.