Agriculture and Range
ESNR has conducted research focused on the economics agriculture and rangeland management. Agriculture and range are pivotal components of Navada's economy and society, which makes is an ideal field to study and understand.
Agriculture and Range Publications
- Kobayashi, M., K. Rollins, and M.H. Taylor. 2014. Optimal Livestock Management on Sagebrush Rangeland with Ecological Thresholds, Wildfire, and Invasive Plants. Land Economics 90 (4): 623-648.
- Melkonyan, T and M.H. Taylor. (2013). "Regulatory Policy Design for Agroecosystem Management on Public Rangelands", The American Journal of Agricultural Economics 95(3): 606-627.
- Evans, M.D.R. and K. Rollins. (2012). "The Frying Pan or the Fire: Public Attitudes about Using Herbicides to Manage Invasive Weeds", Environmental Economics 3(3):108-121.
- Taylor, M. and K. Rollins. (2012). "The Economics of Ecologically Based Invasive Plant Management on High Desert Rangelands", Rangelands 34(6):48-52.
- Rollins, K., L. Heigh, and V. Kanetkar. (2004). "Net Costs of Wildlife Damage on Private Lands", Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 29(3): 517-536.
- Rollins, K. S., Taylor, M. H., NAREA Annual Meeting, "Blurred Lines: When are Different Amenities in the Same Region Attributes of a Bundled Good?" Northeast Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, Annual Meeting, Bar Harbor, Maine, Bar Harbor, ME. (June 20, 2016).
- "Measuring Ecosystem Services Benefits for Benefit Cost Analysis" presented at the Society for Benefit Cost Analysis Annual Meeting, March 2015, Washington, D.C.
- "Integrating Ecology into Dynamic Economic Models to Support Rangeland Decision-making" presented at the 68th Annual Meeting of the Society for Range Management" Sacramento, CA, February 2, 2015.
- Taylor, Michael, Mimako Kobayashi and Kimberly Rollins. (2012). "Contrasting Economic and Ecological Thresholds on Semi-Arid Rangelands: Implications for Management and Regulation", Selected paper presented at the Western Economic Association International 87th Annual Conference, June 29 - July 2012, San Francisco, CA.
- Rollins, Kimberly, Michael H. Taylor and Mimako Kobayashi. (2011). "Incorporating Ecological Thresholds in the Modeling of Economic Decision Making on Semi-Arid Rangelands". Selected Paper presented at the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists Inaugural Annual Summer Conference, June 9-10, Seattle, WA.
- Kobayashi, Mimako, Thomas Harris, and Kimberly Rollins. (2010). "Invasive Weeds, Wildfire, and Rancher Decision Making in the Great Basin", Selected Paper 613121, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association>2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 23 pages.
- Kobayashi, Mimako, Kimberly Rollins, and Michael H. Taylor. (2010). "Ranching, Invasive Annual Grasses, and the External Costs of Wildfire in the Great Basin: A Stochastic Dynamic Programming Approach", Selected Paper 11955, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association>2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado. 39 pages.
- Kobayashi, Mimako, Thomas Harris, and Kimberly Rollins. (2009). "Invasive Weeds, Wildfire, and Rancher Decision Making in the Great Basin", Selected Paper 613121, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 29 pages.
- Rollins, Kimberly, Lucrecia Rodriguez, and Michael Price. (2007). "Using Bid Design to Measure the Boundaries of WTP", Selected Paper 175050, American Agricultural Economics Association, 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon. 17 pages.
- McIver, J., M. Brunson, S. Bunting, J. Chambers, N. Devo, P. Doescher, J. Grace, D. Johnson, S. Knick, R. Miller, M. Pellant, F. Pierson, D. Pyke, K. Rollins, B. Roundy, E. Schupp, R. Tausch, and D. Turner. (2010) "The Sagebrush Steppe Treatment Evaluation Project (SageSTEP): A Test of State-and-Transition Theory", General Technical Report RMRS-GTR-237. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 16 6.
- Rollins, K., A. Castledine, S. Swanson, M.D.R. Evans, K. McAdoo, B. Schultz, M. Havercamp, and and R. Wilson. (2007). "The 2005 Nevada Rangeland Vegetation Survey General Public Questionnaire", University of Nevada Cooperative Extension Special Publication 07-11, 48 pages.