Research Analyst, High Desert Ecology Economics
Department of Economics
University of Nevada, Reno
Mail Stop 204, Reno, NV 89557
Office Phone: (775) 784-8050
Ecosystem services valuation
Socioeconomic impacts of invasive species
Water allocation and scarcity
Risk and uncertainty
Analytical - econometric analysis; spatial modeling and analysis, non-market valuation; survey design
Computing - Stata, Matlab, ArcGIS, SAS, MS Office, MS Access,
- Ecologically based Invasive Pest Management - ARS-USDA Cooperative Research Agreement
- Motivation of Private Landowner Investment to Reduce Risk and Cost of Rangeland Wildfires in Nevada - USDA Hatch Grant
- Predicting Rates Of Private Property Owner Participation In Fuel Hazard Reduction For Resilient Forested Ecosystems In The Lake Tahoe Basin - USDA Hatch Grant
- Water Demand and Conservation Modeling with Sub-Parcel Level Landscape Characteristics - National Institutes of Water Resources (pending)
Publications (current and pending):
- Christman, L., K. Rollins, and M. Kobayashi, Mimako (2013). "The Economic Benefit of Localized, Short-term, Wildfire-potential Information Value of Wildfire-potential Information", In review at International Journal of Wildland Fire.
- Taylor, M.H., L. Christman, and K. Rollins. (2013). "Risk Externalities, Wildfire Hazard, and Private Investment to Mitigate Wildfire Risk in the Wildland-Urban Interface", UNR Economics Working Paper Series. Working Paper No. 13-003.
- Rollins, K., M., Evans, and L. Christman. (2013). "Wildfire 2012 "Are You Ready?" Responsibilities, Actions and Summary of Responses". Technical Report ESNR 2013/06-03.
- Rollins, K., L. Christman, and C. Lott. (2013). "The 2011 WIldfire Risk/Hazard Assessment of Selected Nevada Communities", Technical Report ESNR 2013/06-01.
- Rollins, K., L. Christman, and H. Will. (2011). "Defensible Space Investment in Rural Nevada Communities: Data Documentation Report", Technical Report ESNR 2013/06-02.
- Rollins, K., M.D.R. Evans, and L. Christman. (2010). "The Value of Hunting and Impacts of Habitat Change in Nevada: Survey Summary Statistics", Technical Report UCED 2010/11-05.
- Rollins, K., M.D.R. Evans, and L. Christman. (2010). "Wildfire! 2006, A Survey of Nevada's Risks, Responsibilities and Actions: Summary of Responses", Technical Report UCED 2010/11-01.