Dr. Song is a Professor of Economics at University of Nevada, Reno, USA and Dean of the Institute of Urban Development at Nanjing Audit University, Nanjing, China. He also is a Research Associate at the Center for China Public Finance, Peking University, a Visiting Research Fellow at the PKU-Lincoln Institute Center for Urban Development and Land Policy, and an Adjunct Professor at Zhejiang University, Renmin University of China, Wuhan University, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, and Jiangsu University.
Dr. Song received his Ph.D. in Economics from University of California at Irvine in 1992. His research interests and teaching fields include urban economics, transportation economics, and applied microeconomics.
Dr. Song served as a president of the Chinese Economists Society (2003-2004). He was honored as a Chanjiang Scholar in 2008, the highest rank of scholarship available to a social scientist in China and awarded by the Ministry of Education of P. R. China.
- Ph.D., Economics, University of California at Irvine, Spring 1992
- B.S., Mechanics, Peking University, Beijing, P.R. China, July 1983
Awards, Honors and Professional Recognition
- 中国教育部《长江学者奖励计划》（讲座教授）, 2008
- 天津市《千人计划》学者, 2013
- 浙江大学（经济学学科）恒逸讲座教授, 2012
- 浙江省归国华侨联合会《群星璀璨--浙江海外留学英才风采录》, 2006
- Best Paper Award, the Chinese Economists Society, 1998
- Best Researcher of the Year, College of Business Administration, UNR, 1996
Selected Journal Publications
- Li Fang, Peng, Li, and Shunfeng Song, "China's Development Policies and Urban Dynamics: An Analysis based on the Zipf Law", Urban Studies (SSCI), Vol. 54(12) 2818-2834, 2017.
- Zhongqi Deng, Shunfeng Song, Yongjun Chen, "Private Participation in Infrastructure Project and Its Impact on the Project Cost", China Economic Review (SSCI), 39: 63-76, June 2016.
- Xinye Zheng, Fanghua Li, Shunfeng Song, Yihua Yu, "Central Government's Infrastructure Investment across Chinese Regions: A Spatial Panel Analysis," China Economic Review (SSCI), 27(3): 264-276, 2013.
- Shunfeng Song, Chengsi Wang, and Jianghuai Zheng. "Industrial Upgrade, Employment Shock and Land Centralization in China," Contemporary Economic Policy (SSCI), 30(4): 523-532, 2012.
- Chen, Zhuo and Shunfeng Song. "Efficiency and Technology Gap in China's Agriculture: A Meta-Frontier Analysis," China Economic Review (SSCI), 19, 2008, pp. 287-296.
- Li Gan, Dong Li, and Shunfeng Song. "Is the Zipf's Law Spurious in Explaining City-Size Distribution?" Economics Letters (SSCI), 92, 2006, 256-262.
- Zhigang Lu and Shunfeng Song. "Rural-Urban Migration and Wage Determination," China Economic Review (SSCI), 17, 2006, 337-345.
- Kevin H. Zhang and Shunfeng Song. "Rural-Urban Migration and Urbanization in China: Evidence from Time-Series and Cross-Sectional Analyses", China Economic Review (SSCI), 14(4), 2003, 386-400.
- Shunfeng Song. "Policy Issues of China's Urban Unemployment", Contemporary Economic Policy (SSCI), 21, 2003, 258-269.
- Shunfeng Song and Kevin H. Zhang. "Urbanization and City-Size Distribution in China", Urban Studies (SSCI) , 39, 2002, 2317-2327.
- Shuanglin Lin and Shunfeng Song. "Urban Economic Growth: Theory and Evidence", Urban Studies(SSCI) , 39, 2002, 2251-2266.
- Shunfeng Song, George S-F Chu, and Rongqing Cao. "Inter-City Regional Disparity in China", China Economic Review (SSCI), 11, 2000, pp. 246-261.
- Kevin H. Zhang and Shunfeng Song. "Promoting Exports: the Role of Inward FDI in China," China Economic Review (SSCI), 11, 2000, pp. 385-396.
- Shunfeng Song, George S-F Chu, and Rongqing Cao. "Real Estate Tax in Urban China." Contemporary Economic Policy (SSCI). 17(4): 540-551, 1999.
- Shunfeng Song and George S-F Chu. "Social Security Reform in China: The Case of Old-Age Insurance." Contemporary Economic Policy (SSCI), Vol. XV, pp. 85-93, April 1997.
- Shunfeng Song. "Some Tests of Alternative Accessibility Measures: A Population Density Approach." Land Economics (SSCI), 72(4), pp. 474-482, 1996.
- Shunfeng Song. "Determinants of Bargaining Outcome in Single-Family Housing Transactions: An Empirical Examination." Urban Studies (SSCI), 32, pp. 605-614, 1995.
- Kenneth A. Small and Shunfeng Song. "Population and Employment Densities: Structure and Change." Journal of Urban Economics (SSCI), 36, pp. 292-313, 1994. Reprinted in Essays in Modern Economics Research: In Honour of Professor Gregory Chow, edited by Lin Zhou et al., pp. 466-487, Shanghai: Shanghai People's Publishing House and Truth & Wisdom Press, 2008.
- Shunfeng Song. "Modelling Worker Residence Distribution in the Los Angeles Region." Urban Studies (SSCI), 31, pp. 1533-1544, 1994.
- Kenneth A. Small and Shunfeng Song. "Wasteful Commuting: A Resolution." Journal of Political Economy (SSCI), 100(4), pp. 888-898, 1992.