Assistant Professor, Accounting
- Texas Tech University – Lubbock, TX, May 2018 Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration, Accounting emphasis
- DePaul University – Chicago, IL, June 2013 Master of Science in Accountancy Graduated with distinction
- Tianjin University of Finance and Economics – Tianjin, China, June 2011 Bachelor in Accounting Bachelor in Finance
Archival Financial Reporting and Disclosure, Earnings Management, Tax Avoidance
- Short Selling and Corporate Tax Avoidance (with Sabrina Chi and Kirsten Cook), Advances in Taxation, forthcoming.
- Market Response to Chief Accounting Officer Hiring Announcements (with Sabrina Chi, Kirsten Cook, and Derek Oler): Journal of Accounting and Free Enterprise, forthcoming.
- Earnings Management in Firms with Data Security Breaches (with Jacob Haislip, Robert Pinsker, and Howard Xu): revising for resubmission (second round) to Journal of Information System
- The Effect of Clawback on Managerial Use of Expectations Management and Market Consequences: in preparation for journal submission.
- Equity Financial Assets: A Tool for Earnings Management – A Case Study of Youngor Group (with Jianfang Ye): in preparation for journal submission.
- ACCT 5301: Financial and Managerial Accounting for MBAs, Summer I 2018, Texas Tech University
- ACCT 2300: Introduction to Financial Accounting, Spring 2017, Texas Tech University
- ACCT 2301: Introduction to Managerial Accounting, Fall
- Teaching with Technology (TwT) Certificate program, (scheduled) 2018-2019
- Participant in selective seminar program hosted by the Teaching & Learning Technologies of University of Nevada, Reno.
- Training focused on innovative approaches to teaching with technology.
- Groundworks Teaching Program, January 2018
- Participant in three-day selective program hosted by the Teaching, Learning, & Professional Development Center of Texas Tech University.
- Training focused on teaching methods and philosophies of student learning outcome creation, classroom management, and active learning.
- Short Selling and Corporate Tax Avoidance (with Sabrina Chi and Kirsten Cook): 2017 AAA Annual Meeting, 2017 ATA Midyear Meeting
- The Effect of Clawback on Managerial Use of Expectations Management and Market Consequences: 2017 Haskell & White Corporate Reporting and Governance Conference
- Market Response to Chief Accounting Officer Hiring Announcements (with Sabrina Chi, Kirsten Cook, and Derek Oler): 2016 AAA Annual Meeting
Awards and Honors
- Burke-Mayburn Scholarship, 2014-2018
- Awarded by Texas Tech University Rawls College of Business
- Covenant Health and Social Services Graduate Fellowship, 2017-2018
- Awarded by Texas Tech University Graduate School
- Ph.D. Student Research Grant, 2016 and 2017
- Total of $3,900 for data purchase for two research projects, awarded by Texas Tech University Rawls College of Business
- STARR Scholarship, 2011-2013
- Awarded by DePaul University Kellstadt Graduate School of Business
Professional Experience and Licenses
- Accountant, Texas Tech University School of Law, 2014
- Reconciled general ledger, prepared monthly expense and budget reports
- Processed appropriate university paperwork for new employees
- Prepared Travel applications and reimbursements, created purchase orders, and reconciled department credit card transactions
- Staff Accountant, Chicagoland CPAs, 2013
- Prepared federal and state income tax returns for individuals
- Prepared payroll tax deposits & returns, and sales tax returns for small businesses
- Provided assistance in client data conversion & client fee analyses
- Passed CPA exams in the state of New Hampshire, 2013