About the symposium
The Ozmen Center for Entrepreneurship and The College of Business at the University of Nevada, Reno, are excited to announce the 2nd annual International Women’s Entrepreneurship Symposium. This event focuses on building a global community that supports each other’s work to engage, create, and grow companies founded by women, across all geographies and sectors. The growing community is comprised of students, academics, start-up founders, business owners, investors, government agencies, support organizations, and the community at large. The Symposium is purposefully organized to encourage the building of relationships amongst attendees by providing space for meaningful conversations, engaging debates, and the exploration of practical application.
This year’s Symposium on March 9-10 at the Joe Crowley Student Union at the University of Nevada, Reno brings us world-class keynote speakers, dozens of amazing panelists, and seven breakout session panels focused on Entrepreneurship in various industries.
- Kara Goldin, founder & CEO of Hint, Inc. has received numerous accolades, including being named EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2017 Northern California, one of In Style’s 2019 Badass 50, one of Fast Company’s Most Creative People in Business and one of Fortune’s Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs.
- Laura Jackson, Conductor, Reno Phil. brings an ensemble of musicians to the Symposium to share her leadership insights with the business community in this dynamic and interactive workshop exploring management and communication issues common to every business.
- Carolyne Ekyarisiima is a Mandela Washington Fellow, Obama Foundation collaborator, social entrepreneur, computer scientist and the founder of Apps and Girls, empowering girls in Africa to learn to code.
- Siri Chilazi is a Harvard Research fellow who will share her research on Gender Equality in Venture Capital. Siri’s work is frequently featured in media outlets including Harvard Business Review, Forbes, New York Times and BBC.
- Molly Troupe, Master Distiller, Freeland Spirits. In 2018 Molly was featured on Forbes 30 Under 30 for Food and Beverage and she is currently the youngest female Master Distiller in the United States.