Three Panelists will tell their personal stories about Biz Tech careers and their respective leadership journeys. How and why each of them entered their career and the types of challenges they face today will serve as an opportunity to excite and educate students about the types of careers in information technology.
YaTonya Cody Oliver | Delta Airlines
YaTonya Cody Oliver is a native of Atlanta GA with more than 27 years of professional experience as a transformational leader, strategic business partner, change agent and a customer success champion in the field of Information Technology. For more than two decades she has tackled business challenges and customer pain points by delivering new capabilities for fortune 500 companies like AT&T, Microsoft, and Delta Air Lines. Her expertise includes:
- Launching new Go to Market solutions
- Directing hardware and software modernization initiatives
- Leading global teams to deliver sales operation support experiences
- Driving large scale process and resource optimization efforts across organizations
YaTonya’s track record is built upon understanding the needs of customers and stakeholders coupled with an unyielding commitment to turn their gaps and pain points into proven possibilities. She thrives in the areas of
- Executing large and complex programs
- Reducing cost and improving inefficient processes, and
- Improving business performance; revenue growth, quality effectiveness & customer satisfaction
In her spare time YaTonya’s commitment to helping other through volunteerism is a personal passion. She serves as a board member for serval 501c3 organizations such as Global Mentorship Initiative, The Forever Pink Foundation Inc., The Ties That Bind ATL Foundation and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Lastly, when she is not helping other personally or professionally, YaTonya enjoys spending time with her family; Husband Samuel Oliver, Sr, and a blended family of 4 children: Darius, Daeja, Jaden (20) and Tre’vion.
YaTonya serve as Sunday School Teacher to the adult class in her local church and in her leisure, she enjoys working out 3days a week.
YaTonya holds two undergraduate degrees from Spelman College (BS of Natural Sciences) and Georgia Institute of Technology (BS Electrical Engineering), an Master’s degree from the University of Phoenix (MBA) as well as a Project Management Certification from the Project Management Institute.
Kevin Spiares | Molex, Koch Industries
From Chalk Bluff, Texas. Backpacked around the world for most of the ‘90’s so I don’t get any Friends or Seinfeld references. Married to Summer and have 4 kids from 3-14. Lived in Reno since 2014
- VP, Digital - Molex a Koch Industries Company
- Director, Digital Transformation Fusion – Molex Fusion a Koch Industries Company
- Director, Strategy and Innovation - Artificial Intelligence and Director – Reno Technology Center of Excellence – Koch Business Solutions
- Director of Logistics (North American Rail and Trucking) – INVISTA
- Market Based Management Consultant (Internal Koch Consulting Firm)
- Chief Information Officer - Koch Cellulose LLC
- Information Technology Infrastructure Manager - Koch Minerals, LLC
- Information Technology Analyst - Koch Business Solutions
- Temp Employee for Koch Industries in 2000
- U.S. Army - Infantryman
Nate Pearson | TrainerRoad
Nate Pearson is the CEO and Co-Founder of TrainerRoad.com. They make software that makes cyclists faster. TrainerRoad is a bootstrapped Reno SaaS company founded in 2011 with 90 employees. Nate Pearson is also one of the hosts of the Ask a Cycling Coach podcast that gets 100,000 listens a week. He is also a competitive cyclist and former triathlete. While not at work, he likes to spend his time with his wife of 10 years and his 6 and 9-year-old children.
Barbara Middleton is a senior Program/Project manager who specializes in complex cross company Programs. She has proven ability to execute large transformational programs realizing value propositions by facilitating communication and shared vision across multi-continent/multi-cultural teams. After spending over a decade working as a project leader in both the public and private sectors, Barbara has refined her energetic and collaborative style and is known for her ability to motivate large complex teams. In addition to her Project Management Professional credentials, Barbara is a Certified Scrum Master and Certified Scrum Product Owner and has been facilitating and coaching project teams using the Scrum framework since 2014.