Why Get an MBA?
Why get your MBA from the University of Nevada, Reno?
Here are 10 compelling reasons why you'll want to become part of our pack:
- Quality: The MBA program at the University of Nevada, Reno was ranked by Businessweek in 2011 as the 4th best part-time MBA program in the United States.
- Price: The total cost for a Nevada resident for a Nevada MBA is slightly over $14,000.
- Value: Considering both the quality and the price, the Nevada MBA may be the best educational value in the nation.
- Flexible Scheduling: The Nevada MBA program accommodates the needs of full- and part-time students by offering all evening courses. Students can complete a degree at their own pace without interrupting their professional career.
- Faculty: Internationally respected scholars with real world experiences who have a passion to teach and inspire their students.
- Class Size: With an average class size of 32, students don’t get lost in the crowd.
- Curriculum: A relevant and cutting-edge curriculum that students gave a grade of “B” in the Business Week Survey.
- Career Connections: With extensive ties to local, regional, and national business communities the Office of Career Connections helps students and alumni successfully plan and advance their careers.
- Accreditation: Our MBA program is among a select group of worldwide graduate business programs accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the highest level of accreditation attainable in business education.
- Areas of Emphasis: The Nevada MBA program offers areas of emphasis in accounting, finance, gaming management, information technology, and supply chain management.
Recent MBA graduates earn nearly double starting salary
According to a 2015 study from The Graduate Management Admission Council, the organization that administers the GMAT, the median starting salary expected in 2015 for recent MBA graduates in the United States was $100,000. This figure is an increase of 5.3 percent over the previous year and nearly double the projected starting salary of $55,000 for bachelor's candidates.