At a Glance
Information Systems Chair:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
- Combined Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Information Systems
- Minor in Information Systems
- Masters in Information Systems
The Information Systems department is a community of scholars that constantly seeks out new ways of applying technology and communications concepts to the informational tools that we all rely on in our personal and professional lives.
A degree in Information Systems not only gives graduates the ability to understand and manage current and emerging information systems, but also confers excellent technical management and communications skills. A background in Information Systems allows for a higher-level understanding of how different computer systems can talk and interface with each other – and thus facilitate and foster the spread of knowledge and ideas.
In today's mutable technological terrain, business professionals must be adept and quick to respond to new pressures and new ways of communicating. Programs within the Information Systems area build those skills in students through coursework about data technology, computer security and project management.
Information Systems News
- Arash Bafar's research was mentioned in a NiemanLab article examining angry comments on Facebook.