2018 Western Association of Collegiate Schools of Business Dean Conference
Join us October 7-9, 2018
The College of Business at the University of Nevada, Reno and the Lee Business School at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas present the 2018 Western Association of Collegiate Schools of Business Dean Conference.
The WACSB includes deans from business schools in Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, and Washington. WACSB operates independently of AACSB International, including planning and executing events and activities.
Welcome to Reno
If you've never been to Reno, or it's been some time since your last visit, we can't wait to introduce you to our city and our beautiful University campus.
We'll start things off by introducing you to the Downtown/Midtown district where you'll be staying in the recently renovated Renaissance Reno Downtown Hotel - just minutes away from lively venues, top-notch restaurants and popular bars. Experience the University of Nevada, Reno campus with a reception where you can get to know your peers, our faculty and our view of the campus.
An evening at Edgewood Tahoe is the perfect place to unwind a bit at the end of the day. You'll get a breathtaking view of Lake Tahoe as you enjoy a cocktail reception and dinner.
Sunday, October 7 - Arrival Day
- 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm: Registration | The Renaissance Hotel
- 6:00 pm-8:30 pm: Reception | Joe Crowley Student Union | The Great Room
Monday, October 8
- 7:30 am - 8:30 am: Breakfast | The Renaissance Hotel | Topaz 1 Ballroom
- 8:35 am - 9:35 am: Session 1 | The Renaissance Hotel | Topaz 1 Ballroom | Mentoring of Junior Faculty in a Changing Environment | Chip Hunter, Karen Markel, & Michael Solt
- 9:40 am - 10:40 am: Session 2 | The Renaissance Hotel | Topaz 1 Ballroom | Gaming in Nevada: History and the Future | Bo Bernhard
- 10:45 am - 11:15 am: Break | The Renaissance Hotel | Topaz 1 Ballroom
- 11:20 am - 12:20 pm: Session 3 | The Renaissance Hotel | Topaz 1 Ballroom | So What's Up With China? | Greg Mosier, Bob Ching, & Xin He
- 12:30 pm - 1:50 pm: Lunch | The Renaissance Hotel | Topaz 1 Ballroom
- 1:55 pm - 2:55 pm: Session 4 | The Renaissance Hotel | Topaz 1 Ballroom | Career Readiness and Professional Development Curriculum | Jennifer Kushell, Erik Rolland, Sam Beldona, & Michael Solt
- 3:30 pm: Depart via bus for Edgewood Tahoe
- 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm: Cocktail reception | Edgewood Tahoe | The North Room
- 5:15 pm - Welcome by Edgewood Companies | Edgewood Tahoe | John McLaughlin, President & CEO; Corinna Osborne, General Manager
- 6:30 pm-8:30 pm: Dinner | Edgewood Tahoe | The North Room
- 8:30 pm: Return via bus to The Renaissance Hotel
Tuesday, October 9
- 7:30 am - 8:00 am: Breakfast | The Renaissance Hotel | Topaz 1 Ballroom
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am: Dean's Business Meeting | AACSB Presentation, Beta Gamma Sigma Presentation
- 9:30 am: Depart via bus for Switch Data Center
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm am: Tour of Switch Data Center
- 12:00 pm: Return to The Renaissance Hotel
- 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm: Lunch and conference adjournment | The Renaissance Hotel | Topaz 1 Ballroom
If you have any questions, please contact Conference Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 775.682.8545.
If you have questions about your room reservation, please contact Renaissance Reno Downtown Hotel at 775.682.3900.