Marcus Brooks is an Assistant Professor of Accounting at The University of Nevada, Reno. He received his Ph.D. in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting from The University of Texas at San Antonio in August of 2014. Prior to his studies at UTSA, Marcus earned a BBA in Accounting with honors and a Master of Accountancy (MAcy) from Texas State University - San Marcos. Marcus is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed to practice in Texas.
Prior to entering the Ph.D. Program at UTSA, Marcus worked in audit and enterprise risk services for Deloitte and as a gas accounting analyst for Direct Energy in Houston, Texas. Marcus is a member of the American Accounting Association (AAA), the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the PhD Project and was a recipient of the KPMG Minority Doctoral Scholarship.
Dr. Brooks’ research interests include auditor judgment and decision-making, audit quality, corporate governance, earnings management and international accounting.
- BBA – Accounting, Texas State University, 2008
- Master of Accountancy, Texas State University, 2008
- Certified Public Accountant (Texas), 2009
- Ph.D. University of Texas at San Antonio, 2014
- Excellence in Teaching, The College of Business, University of Nevada Reno (2017)
- AAA/Deloitte/J. Michael Cook New Faculty Consortium Representative, Leesburg, Virginia (2016)
- AAA/Deloitte/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Representative, Tahoe City, California (2013)
- KPMG Minority Doctoral Scholarship (2010-2014)