Advising (courses & careers)
Getting your questions answered in a timely manner is important to us. As a student in the Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, you have many resources available to you. Please use these guidelines to determine who best to contact.
Student Center Advising
Our professional advisors can help with questions like:
- Am I on track to graduate?
- What classes should I take next semester?
- Can you release an advising hold for me in MyNevada?
- What classes are required for a specific major or minor?
- I need to drop a class. How will this impact my graduation timeline?
- Can I get some help using the tools in MyNevada (e.g., Academic Planner)?
- I have lots of transfer credits. How are they being counted toward my degree?
- I don’t have a prerequisite for a required course. What are my options?
- I have a time conflict with a required course. What are my options?
- Can you help me file an appeal for the excess credit fee charges?
Career Advice for Juniors & Seniors
Please see the academic faculty listed below if you have questions like:
- What can I do with my degree?
- Should I consider post-graduate education?
- How will my degree prepare me for graduate school?
- What are employers looking for in graduates with my degree?
- What is the employment outlook for graduates with my degree?
- How can I enhance the likelihood of being successful in obtaining an internship related to my major?