How to Join the Wolf Pack Marching Band
How to Join
1 - Fill out an Interest Form.
This form gives us your contact information and some basic facts about you that will allow us to keep you updated on important dates and information. You do not need to be a senior to fill out an interest form!
2 - Apply for admission to the University of Nevada, Reno.
- For incoming University of Nevada Students: Applications can be accessed through the "Apply to Nevada" tab on the right side of this page.
- For non-University of Nevada Students: It is still possible for you to participate in the Wolf Pack Marching Band! Simply follow the steps for Nondegree students at the "Apply to Nevada" tab on the right side of this page. Contact Dr. Stephen Eubanks if you have questions.
3 - Audition.
Each member of the Wolf Pack Marching Band must complete an audition. This can be done by video submission or in person. In-person auditions can take place at one of the official Department of Music Audition Dates, or with the Director at a more convenient time. *Auditions are informal, and are primarily a way for the band staff to get acquainted with you. Whatever your skill level, we will find a place for you in the band, so do not let the audition stress you out!
To schedule a Marching Band audition, please call (775) 784-6525.
To audition by video, you can post online and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can mail a DVD to:
University of Nevada, Reno
Department of Music/1226
Reno, NV 89557-1226
However you choose to complete it, the audition should include:
- Ab Major scale (concert pitch)
- F Major scale (concert pitch)
- D Major scale (concert pitch)
- 3 minutes of music (You choose what to play. We just want to hear you at your best!)
Guard & Percussion:
- 3 or 4 warm-up exercises
- An excerpt from a show that you have performed recently
- You may also include video of recent shows, if you are easily identified within the ensemble
- Forward March at 80 beats/minute
- Forward March at 160 beats/minute
- Backward March at 80 beats/minute
- Backward March at 160 beats/minute
4 - Enroll in the class.
All members of the Wolf Pack Marching Band are required to register for the course, which you will be able to do once you have been accepted to the University. Marching Band is a 1-credit class that rehearses MWF from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., and is labeled MUSE 115 (lower division), MUSE 415 (upper division), or MUSE 615 (graduate division). Be sure to enroll in Marching Band at the same time as your other classes to help avoid scheduling conflicts!