Physics Ph.D. Assessment Plan
Our mission is to provide a quality education that prepares students for the challenges and opportunities presented by our modern technical society. Rigorous classroom instruction and laboratory experiences using modern equipment and computers provide broad insight into nature and technology We seek to provide forefront research opportunities and experiences for both undergraduate and graduate students, and to address state and national priorities in competitive research programs.
1. Physics PhD students are expected to complete their course work and research project in a reasonable time.
- Program of study identifying courses by semester defined by the student and advisor.
- Annual research report.
- The graduate examining committee will review and approve the program of study
- The Physics department graduate studies committee will review research reports and monitor student progress.
2. The PhD program in Physics should provide graduates with skills relevant to research and development environments in academic, National Laboratory, or industrial environments.
- Graduate employment
- Track graduates professional careers using surveys.