Physics M.S. Assessment Plan
Our mission is to provide a quality education that prepares students for the challenges and opportunities presented by our modern technical society. Rigorous classroom instruction and laboratory experiences using modern equipment and computers provide broad insight into nature and technology
We seek to provide forefront research opportunities and experiences for both undergraduate and graduate students, and to address state and national priorities in competitive research programs.
1. The MS program in Physics should provide an excellent preparation for further graduate studies, or for employment in a variety of research and development environments.
- Graduate employment
- The Director of Graduate Studies will track graduate careers using surveys.
2. Physics MS students are expected to complete their course work and research project in a reasonable time.
- Annual research report.
- Program of Study defined by the student and advisor, identifying courses to be taken each semester.
- The Physics department Graduate Studies Committee will review research reports and monitor student progress.
- The Physics department Graduate Studies Committee will review the Program of Study and monitor student progress annually.