Art B.A. Assessment Plan
The Department of Art through undergraduate courses, professional exhibition presentations, professional public lectures and related contemporary art programming provides students opportunities to:  create art in a studio context with both technical and conceptual instruction,  an educational experience in art history, theory, and criticism which offer an informed appreciation of the world's artistic heritage and  establish a foundation for continued studio and creative practice, formal graduate work, and employment in art related careers.
1. Studio majors and graduates will be prepared with a strong foundation for post-graduate creative activities ["making" Art], study, advanced scholarly work in Art History and related careers.
Student Performance Indicators
- Graduate and professional school admissions. Local, regional, and national exhibition participation; catalogs, reviews and publications. Internship/client experiences. Successful job placements.
- Recording the quality of graduate programs into which our BA graduates are accepted [as determined by the Department of Art Faculty.]Recording the quality of professional exhibition activity in which our BA graduates are participating [as determined by the Department of Art Faculty.]Internship coordinator records evaluation of enrolled students based upon work evaluation and diaries submitted by student[s].In addition to Faculty reports of Student Performance Indicators, Chair conducts formal exit interviews with each graduating senior to acquire further anecdotal information.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Studio majors will, through formal Art History and Criticism courses and related programs, be able to demonstrate the historical knowledge, critical perspectives and visual sophistication regarding the development of Art from the past to the present.
- Quality art work produced. Timely completion of studio projects. Level of commitment, participation and productivity. Readiness to progress onto next level.
- Faculty evaluation of student's art work as determined via final grade report[s].External visiting professionals evaluation of student's art work as determined by critiques and overview of student galleries [exhibitions].Faculty review of Annual Juried Student Exhibition and other student exhibition venues.
2. Art History majors will be able to achieve a basic mastery and scholarly competence in the academic endeavors of Art History.