M.B.A. Assessment Plan
The mission of UNR's MBA Program is to prepare outstanding men and women to be general managers, executives, and leaders in an adverse and changing business environment. The UNR MBA program consists of four components: (1) Core, (2) Breadth, (3) Electives/Emphasis areas, and (4) Integration course on Business Strategy. The core courses are designed to provide students with an introduction to the common body of knowledge and fundamental skills necessary to the practice of general management. The breadth courses are designed to expose, broaden, deepen and diversify knowledge and skills in critical and emerging areas of business. The Emphasis areas (electives) are designed to give students the opportunity to gain expertise in particular functional or industry disciplines. Currently the MBA program offers areas of emphasis in accounting, entrepreneurship, finance, information technology, and renewable energy. The integration course provides a comprehensive coverage of the key elements of strategic management for business decision making.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Students will be able to demonstrate mastery of fundamental business knowledge and practices.
2. Students will possess analytical and critical thinking skills.
3. Students will be Effective Communicators within a Business Environment.
4. Students will be able to use information technology to support business analysis and operations.
5. Students will recognize, evaluate and resolve ethical issues, both personally and organizationally.