Vimeo Viewer Recommendations for Livestreamed Events and Videos
We want you to sit back, relax and enjoy the show!
Below are some recommendations to help you have the best possible viewing experience for School of the Arts livestreamed events and videos on the Vimeo platform.
- In general, it will be helpful to make sure your device (whether it is a smart phone, desktop or laptop computer, tablet, etc.) is running the most up-to-date versions of its operating system and web browsers.
- Internet download speed is also a key element to the streaming experience. There are free, online resources to check your internet connection speed included in the internet connection requirements section below.
- If you would like to do a test to see if your device plays videos through Vimeo smoothly, feel free to view the Performing Arts Series Season Announcement video.
Visit the Vimeo helpdesk
We recommend using the latest version of one of the following browsers:
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer 11
Using the latest browser version helps to ensure the best playback experience. Due to security vulnerabilities, Vimeo no longer supports Flash. If you are using an older browser or system you may need to upgrade to continue watching Vimeo videos.
Viewing on a computer or laptop
The Vimeo player operates in a wide range of operating systems. We recommend using:
- Windows 8.1, Windows 10, or later
- MacOS Sierra (10.12.6) or later
Viewing on a mobile device or tablet
Vimeo can be viewed on a mobile device or tablet using either the Vimeo app or the device’s web browser. We recommend using:
- Android (Marshmallow) version 6.0+
- iOS version 13+
Viewing on a smart TV
Events that are broadcast live cannot be streamed through a TV app, with the exception of AirPlay and Chromecast. Find out the specific instructions.
Videos that are publicly available and pre-recorded (not live) can be viewed through Smart TV Apps by searching for them within the app. The following platforms are supported:
- Apple TV
- Android TV devices (such as NVidia Shield TV, Sony TVs, Xiaomi Mi Box)
- Amazon Fire TV devices
Find out additional information about supported TV platforms.
Internet connection requirements
The quality of your live playback experience is largely dependent on the download speed you have from your internet service provider. Keep in mind that your overall internet speed can vary depending on many factors, including: time of day, Wi-Fi performance, other devices/users utilizing your connection and the strength of the signal sent by your provider. Vimeo recommends the following for optimal viewing experience:
- Minimumdownload speeds of 500 kbps or faster*
- Dedicated internet line of 5 mbps or faster
- If using WiFi, be sure that your router is configured correctly and that your network is not being shared with other devices (For the very best viewing experience, Vimeo recommends a hardwired connection via ethernet).
*Not sure what your internet connection speed is? Check your speed to determine. We recommend performing this test a few times since bandwidth can change.