Twice a year, the UNR Arboretum sends out a newsletter called "The Arborist". You can check out the latest issue here:"The Arborist" Fall 2016
- Do you have a tree story that you just need to share? Email the editor at email@example.com for the possibility of being in the next newsletter.
UNR Arboretum Tree Talk Series:
2017-2018 Tree Talks:
- Monday, October 23, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. Evert Broderick (TMCC botany professor, expert on edible wild plants) on human uses for western chokecherry and Jeffrey pine. (MIKC 422, Leonard Room)
- Wed., Nov. 8, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. Dale Carlon (certified arborist) on tree inventorying. (MIKC 422, Leonard Room)
- Mon., Feb. 5, noon Michelle Roberts (adjunct professor of anthropology) on "Trees and Religion in Southeast Asia." (MIKC 305N)
- Early March, date TBA Jerry Tiehm (botanist, Director of the Natural History Museum) on UNR's herbarium, research, and the natural history museum-a tour. (FA 300G + Natural History Museum)
- Monday, April 2, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. Tom Stapleton (certified arborist) on his research on albino redwoods and cold-tolerant redwoods. (MIKC 422, Leonard Room)
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. Daniel Inouye (Branch Chief, Air Quality Management Division, Washoe County Health Dept.) on the connection between trees and human health, emphasizing air pollution. (MIKC 422, Leonard Room)
For more information, please call (775) 784-4528
Bad Weather? Email Cheryll Glotfelty (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information.
Planting of four new tree species to help diversify the UNR Arboretum campus