Apex Concerts presents a bombshell program that takes the audience on a truly wild ride through the widest variety of genres, geography, time and instrumentation. Each composition is also an unexpected amalgam. Ravel's Tzigane is French refinement with Gypsy improvisation and virtuosity. Villa-Lobos's "Jet Whistle" is a ride along a Brazilian railroad. Nino Rota's Flute Trio is an American masterpiece by the composer behind The Godfather Trilogy. Handel's Passacaglia is transcribed into a virtuoso showcase by the Norwegian violinist Johan Halvorsen. And the finest example of Soviet jazz - yes, Soviet jazz – is in Kapustin's Trio. The incredible Demarre McGill, principal flute of Seattle Symphony and the violin superstar Angelo Yu will bring these works to life.
- Ravel: Tzigane for Violin and Piano (1924)
- Villa-Lobos: Assobio a Jato for Flute and Cello (1950)
- Nino Rota: Trio for Flute, Violin and Piano (1958)
- Handel-Halvorsen: Passacaglia for Violin and Cello (1893)
- Kapustin: Trio for Flute, Cello and Piano, Op. 86 (1998)