Need Academic and Career Advice?
Getting your questions answered in a timely manner is important to us. As a student in the College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources, you have many resources available to you. Please use these guidelines to determine who best to contact.
Starting in the Fall 2018, the CABNR Student Center will provide academic advising for all undergraduate students in the Department of Agriculture, Nutrition and Veterinary Sciences. This includes students in agricultural science, nutrition (dietetics and nutritional science), rangeland ecology and management, and veterinary science. Major-specific faculty will continue to provide guidance and advising for career planning.
To schedule an appointment with the CABNR Student Center (775) 784-1634 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include your first and last name, NSHI ID and days and times that you can meet.)
The professional advisors at the CABNR Student Center have the experience and knowledge to answer questions such as…
- What classes are required for a specific major and/or minor?
(Please see the links below to the major and minor programs offered by ANVS.)
- Can I get some help using the tools in MyNevada (e.g., Academic Planner)?
- What classes should I take next semester?
- Can you release an advising hold for me in MyNevada?
- I have lots of transfer credits. How are they being counted toward my degree?
- I need to drop a class. How will this impact my graduation timeline?
- Can you help me file an appeal for the excess credit fee charges?
- I don’t have a prerequisite for a required course. What are my options?
- I have a time conflict with a required course. What are my options?
- Am I on track to graduate?
Please see the academic faculty listed below for your major If you have questions such as…
- What can I do with my degree?
- What are employers looking for in graduates with my degree?
- What is the employment outlook for graduates with my degree?
Range students – see https://naes.unr.edu/rangeland_ecology/careers-and-education/)
- How can I enhance the likelihood of being successful in obtaining an internship related to my major?
(Dietetic students - see https://www.unr.edu/anvs/dietetic-internship)
- Should I consider post-graduate education? How will my degree prepare me for graduate school?
- Ms. Tracy Shane, email@example.com, 775-682-7047
- Dr. Melinda Yerka, firstname.lastname@example.org, 775-784-6442
- Dr. Felipe Barrio Masias, email@example.com, 775-682-7026
- Dr. Juan Soloman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 775-784-6888
Nutrition Major or Nutrition Minor
- Dr. Jamie Benedict, email@example.com, 775-784-6445
- Ms. Karon Felten, firstname.lastname@example.org, 775-784-6446
- Dr. Bradley Ferguson, email@example.com, 775-784-6278
- Dr. Stan Omaye, firstname.lastname@example.org, 775-784-6447
- Ms. Jolyn Wirshing, email@example.com, 775-784-6617
- Dr. Mike Teglas, firstname.lastname@example.org, 775-784-1002
- Dr. Mozart Fonseca, email@example.com, 775-784-1002
- Dr. Amilton deMello, firstname.lastname@example.org, 775-784-6648
- Dr. Bruna Alves, email@example.com, 775-784-1314
Rangeland Ecology & Management