Students participating in the Internship Program will be responsible for the following costs:
- A $60 fee to apply to the University through the College of Extended Studies, Continuing Education for enrollment in NUTR 727.
- Enrollment as a graduate student for 3 credits of nutrition practice (NUTR 727). Tuition is currently $264 per credit. Tuition is subject to change.
- A $27 technical fee is applied to all accounts.
- Fees for the Dietetic Internship Program are $7,500 for 1200 practice hours. Portions of this fee will be utilized to pay for some educational opportunities, materials and travel necessary to complete the training competencies of the Dietetic Internship Program.
- Uniforms, books and general supplies.
- Personal room and board and travel to practice sites. (Variable)
- Each intern must provide his/her own liability insurance policy. Liability insurance is available through agencies such as:
Proliability (1-800-375-2764) http://www.proliability.com
- Please note that the Program does not provide health insurance or financial aid. It is the intern's responsibility to make sure that he or she is adequately provided for in both areas. Students may apply for MedCap Loans. Sally Mae Collegiate Loans
- The Program Director will certify on request for lending agencies that the student is working full time in the program.
- All hospitals require a TB test and immunization records. You must have documentation of TB testing and immunization records prior to beginning the internship.
- Documentation of a recent physical examination will also be necessary.
- The intern is responsible for the immunization and physical exam fees.
- All interns must have a certification in Basic Life Support (BSL) prior to beginning the internship. If you do not have this certification it can be obtained for approximately $30 through the American Heart Association.
- Go to www.onlineaha.org and complete the heart code BLS training. Once completed one receives a certification and cam be given access to part 2, the hands on portion. There is a locator tool that allows you to search available courses/classes in your area, you can sign up online to attend the training.