Students participating in the Internship Program will be responsible for the following costs:
- A $60 fee to apply to the University through the College of Extended Studies, Continuing Education for enrollment in NUTR 727.
- Enrollment as a graduate student for 3 credits of nutrition practice (NUTR 727). Tuition is currently $264 per credit. Tuition is subject to change. The grade for this class is determined by the preceptor evaluations of the student during each rotation.
- Fees for the Dietetic Internship Program are $6,000 for 1200 practice hours. Portions of this fee will be utilized to pay for some educational opportunities, materials and travel necessary to complete the training competencies of the Dietetic Internship Program.
- Uniforms, books and general supplies.
- Personal room and board and travel to practice sites.
- Each intern must provide his/her own liability insurance policy. Liability insurance is available through several agencies.
One agency is: Proliability by Mercer
332 S. Michigan Ave.,
Chicago, IL 60604
- Please note that the Program does not provide health insurance or financial aid. It is the intern's responsibility to make sure that he or she is adequately provided for in both areas. Students may apply for MedCap Loans. Sally Mae Collegiate Loans
- The Program Director will certify on request for lending agencies that the student is working full time in the program.
- All hospitals require a TB test and immunization records. You must have documentation of TB testing and immunization records prior to beginning the internship. Documentation of a recent physical examination will also be necessary. The program director will inform interns of all other pre-internship requirements.