Frequently Asked Questions

Students talking in the library

New Incoming Students FAQ

Which Immunizations Are Required For Me to Enroll?

All students attending the University of Nevada, Reno are required to submit proof of having received:

1) Two doses of the measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR). The first dose must be on or after your first birthday.

2) One dose for tetanus/diphtheria (TD), taken in the last 10 years

3) Starting Fall 2017 forward, all incoming freshmen (regardless if they are living on campus or not) are also required to submit proof of having received the Meningococcal (MCV4) vaccination on or after age 16.

Acceptable versions of the Meningitis vaccination are:

    • Menactra or Menveo (MenACYW-135)
    • MCV4

Versions of the Meningitis which will not meet this requirement are:

    • Bexero or Trumemba (MENG B)
    • HIB Meningitis

**This list is subject to change. If you are unsure whether or not your Meningitis record meets the requirement, please contact Admissions and Records; 775-784-4700 opt. 2 or***

Copies of immunization records must be sent to the Admissions and Records office, either via fax 775-784-4283, or hand delivered (2nd floor of the Fitzgerald Student Services Building). If students feel comfortable sending these documents via email, they may also email a copy to

Admissions and Records FAQ

Have you received my transcripts/immunizations/etc?

In the Student Center section of MyNEVADA there is a To-Do List section on the right hand side which shows any documents or actions needed from the student. By clicking on details under the checklist item a description of the action or document will instruct the user on what to do.