To find out more about our current student employment opportunities, please contact the University Writing Center at (775) 784-6030.
The University Writing Center is partially funded by student fees. As part of our commitment to the students who support the Writing Center, we employ undergraduate and graduate students as writing consultants. Typically the University Writing Center recruits new writing consultants at the end of each semester. Mandatory trainings are held before each new semester. In addition, writing consultants are expected to attend monthly workshops as part of their obligation to the University Writing Center.
Many of our newly hired writing consultants are students who have taken ENG 408b/608b Tutoring Student Writers, which provides a theoretical foundation and practical, hands-on experience in the University Writing Center as part of the curriculum.
Interested in becoming a writing consultant?
Email the following to: email@example.com or bring the following to: Mackay Science Rm 108
- Cover Letter:
- What can you contribute to University Writing Center?
- What will you gain as a consultant?
- Major and Minor
- Resume or CV:
- Relevant Experience
- Academic Writing Sample:
- Not a creative writing piece
- Academic or profession references:
- Include email and/or phone number of THREE references
- Available hours:
- Numer of hours available in a typical week
- Range of hours:
- List days and times available (Monday 9am - 2pm)
- Unofficial Copy of Transcript
- Must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must have completed Eng 102