The University Writing Center (UWC) supports:
- Writers at all levels
- Work at any stage of writing from development to completion
- Communications within and between disciplines/contexts
- Academic, professional, personal, community, and creative projects
- Written, visual, oral, digital, and mixed media 'texts'
What you should do:
Appointments are welcomed at any time; plan ahead as much as possible:
- Backtrack from deadlines to plan and time your work for the best possible outcome
- Decide when you will most need, want and be open to consultation
- Find a consultant whose expertise or interests best match your needs
- Click on "Make an appointment" (you will have to register the first time you visit)
- There are various schedules, including specialty schedules, available in the drop down menu:
- General Consultations:
- Mackay Science Rm 108 (Mon-Fri 9-4)
- Knowledge Center: Knowledge Nook (Sun-Thurs 4-9)
- Online Writing Feedback (On-line consultations)
- Specialty Consultations:
- Online Core Writing Courses - Available to Online Core Writing students and writing related to Online Core Writing courses
- Online Core Writing Courses - Online Writing Feedback - On-line consultations available to Online Core Writing students and writing related to Online Core Writing courses
- Graduate Student Schedule - Available to all graduate students
- Online Writing Feedback Graduate Student Schedule - On-line consultations available for graduate students
- CHS 211 - Available to all CHS 211 students and writing related to CHS 211 course
- ENG 102 - Available to all ENG 102 students and writing related to ENG 102 course
- General Consultations:
What to bring:
- Bring or have e-access to the assignment and/or project outline
- Be ready with questions, ideas, and/or concerns about the assignment
What to expect:
- Expect to work with your consultant
- Expect to choose a focus for your consultation
- Expect to contribute actively within the consultation
- Expect feedback, options, expertise, and support but do not expect changes to be made for you
- Expect to progress as a writer as well as with the specific piece of writing
- Expect to leave the consultation with options for continuing your work
Learn about our values, what to expect when seeing a writing consultant and employment with the Writing Center.
Our writing consultants are skilled writers with a diverse set of interests and backgrounds.
We have gathered a wealth of resources to help you in your writing.
Fall 2015 Student Writing Workshop Series
Each of the Writing Center Workshops will be offered twice during each month, with seating for 30 at each workshop. Instructors are encouraged to schedule these workshops for delivery to specific classes as well.
The University Writing Center invites students pursuing grants, scholarships, and research awards to utilize our resources and writing support to maximize effectiveness of proposals.
The University Writing Center welcomes faculty of all disciplines to participate in writing workshops and retreats.