Spring and Wintermester Fees 2015
Due to prior action of the Board of Regent's the Good Neighbor and Children of Alumni tuition categories are permanently closed to new admits. Individuals admitted to either of these status's prior to June 17, 2011 must maintain continuous enrollment (fall and spring terms - summer not required) in order to continue receiving the tuition discount.
Per Board of Regents action the Senior Citizen tuition discount have been eliminated effective Fall 2011.
New, Beginning Fall 2014 - Mandatory Graduate Student Health Insurance will be automatically applied to all degree seeking graduate students enrolled in six or more credit hours. More information regarding this required insurance is available on the Graduate School web page. If the student has other comparable insurance they may apply for a waiver. Waivers must be submitted by the following dates; no exceptions to these deadlines will be granted and a new waiver is required each academic year.
- Fall 2014 insurance waiver deadline: 09/08/2014
- Spring/Summer 2015 insurance waiver deadline: 02/05/2015
There is an annual cap on admissions in the WUE tuition category. Please see the General Course Catalog for additional program information.
- Jan. 16, 2015 Semester Fee Due Date.
- Jan. 17, 2015 Late Fees begin being assessed: For past due balances, late fees are assessed at a rate of $25 per day to a maximum of $250.
- Jan. 26, 2015 LAST DAY for Late Registration and to pay with late fees.
- Cashier's Office hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
- MyNEVADA is available 24 hours a day except during general maintenance and general outages.
|Registration per credit fees for undergraduate credits||$191.50|
|ASUN per credit fee for undergraduate credits||$5.00|
|Technology fee per credit fee for undergraduate and graduate credits||$7.00|
|Registration per credit fees for graduate credits||$264.00|
|Additional Tuition Costs for Non-Residents: Non-resident students pay the above per credit registration costs in addition to the non-resident per credit fee below. For 7 or more credits the full time flat fee below is in addition to the registration fees above.|
|Part-time undergraduate student non-resident per credit fee (1-6 credits)||$210.75|
|Part-time graduate student non-resident per credit fee (1-6 credits)||$290.50|
|Full time non-resident fee (7 or more credits)||$6,955.00|
|Undergraduate "Good Neighbor" per credit fee||$210.75|
|Graduate "Good Neighbor" per credit fee||$290.50|
|Children of Alumni:
No new admits for Children of alumni reduced non-resident tuition per credit fee effective fall 2012. Effective Fall 2011 this will be discontinued. Students receiving the discount at that time may continue to receive the discount so long as they are continually enrolled.
|Undergraduate "WUE" non-resident per credit fee||$95.75|
|Undergraduate non-resident Distance Education||$95.75|
|Graduate non-resident Distance Education||$132.00|
|School of Medicine|
|Resident medical students||$12,072.00|
|Non-resident for medical students||$27,732.00|
|Mandatory Fees - All Students|
|Non refundable Application Fee||$60.00|
|Health Center (enrolled in 6 credits or more)||$93.00|
|Counseling Services (enrolled in 6 credits or more)||$35.00|
|Performing Arts Fee All Students (enrolled in 1 or more credits)||$5.00|
|Distance Ed, Online Learning and Weekend & Late Start per credit fee||$34.00|
|Graduation Fee (Graduating Students Only)||$66.00|
|Spring/Summer Insurance (F1 Visa International Students Only)||$702.22|
|International Student Registration Fee (International Students Only)||$145.00|
|Mandatory Fees - Undergraduate (in addition to the Mandatory Fees All Students)|
|Undergraduate New Student Fee||$150.00|
|Student Union Fee Undergraduate (enrolled in 1-3 credits)||$25.00|
|Student Union Fee Undergraduate (enrolled in 4 or more credits)||$94.00|
|New Facility Fee - Undergraduate Students Only||$15.00|
|Academic Success Fee Undergraduate (enrolled in 1 or more credits)||$25.00|
|Engineering Differential per credit fee for course level 300-400||$85.00|
|Nursing Differential per credit fee for course level 300-400 (excluding NURS 300)||$156.75|
|Mandatory Fees - Graduate (in addition to the Mandatory Fees All Students)|
|Graduate New Student Fee||$35.00|
|Graduate Student Health Insurance||$1068.33|
|Student Union Fee Graduate (enrolled 6 or less credits)||$49.00|
|Student Union Fee Graduate (enrolled in 7 or more credits)||$97.00|
|Academic Success Fee Graduate (enrolled in 1 or more credits)||$5.00|
|Engineering Differential per credit fee for course level 600-700||$100.00|
|Nursing Differential per credit fee for course level 500-700 (excluding NURS 700-level DNP)||$239.50|
|School of Business Differential per credit fee for graduate level courses.||$100.00|
All billing notices are sent by email and are no longer be sent by US Postal Mail. Student billing notices are sent to the email address that the student has on their MyNEVADA account. Please add CashiersOffice@unr.edu to your safe sender list to ensure that you receive communications from the Cashier's Office. Always keep your email address up-to-date in MyNEVADA. You can also view you bill online at any time by visiting MyNEVADA and selecting Student Center Dashboard, then Communication Center on the right side of the screen.
Your Mailing Address
Make sure the Office of Admissions and Records has your correct address on file. You may change your address on MyNEVADA.
Payment is due the Friday before classes begin. It is the last day to pay without late fees of $25.00 per day ($250.00 maximum).
If you are registering and/or paying for classes (one or more credits) after January 16, 2015 , you will be assessed late fees if not paid the same day as registering for the class.
If you do not pay your fees by [date to be determined]:
- Your registration will be canceled.
- You will be charged the maximum $250 late fee which will stop future registration and transcript receipts until paid in full.
- You will not be allowed to register.
- You cannot get your official transcripts.
- The final date for fee payment (with late charges) is by 11:59PM on [date to be determined].
If you decide not to attend, please drop all your classes before the fee due date of Jan. 17, 2014 to avoid being assessed late fees.
- MyNEVADA: To pay by e-check or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) please follow the appropriate prompt for credit card payment. MyNEVADA will issue a receipt number once your payment has been completed successfully. You may print this for your records.
Not necessary for ID card validation, parking permits or other university privileges. Your ID card is valid after payments have been posted to your account.
Fee holds are outstanding financial obligations to the university. You must clear all fee holds before you register or request official transcripts. Clear your account atMyNEVADA.
You may choose a deferred Tuition and/or Housing fee payment plan if you have a balance owing of $500 or more. To select the Tuition Payment Plan, visit MyNEVADA and select the account and billing option. There is a $50.00 fee per semester for the deferment plan that will be added to your first bill. If you elect only the Housing Payment Plan, the $50 fee will be assessed and due by the second Housing Payment Plan due date.
- 33% of your total bill plus the deferment plan fee is due by Jan. 16, 2015.
- The next installment (33%) is due Feb. 16, 2015.
- The last installment (33%) is due Mar. 16, 2015.
- You will be assessed a 10% penalty if you do not make the correct payment on the appropriate dates.
Refund Policies - Dropping Individual Classes
- 100% refund if completed by 11:59PM, Jan. 29, 2015. Refunds are mailed two weeks after the deadline.
- No refunds for dropping individual classes after Jan. 29, 2015.
Total Withdrawal From the Spring Semester
- 100% if completed by Jan. 29, 2015. Refunds (100%) for total withdrawals are mailed within 4 to 6 weeks.
- 50% of registration fees only for total withdrawal from all classes Jan. 30 - Feb. 30, 2015. Refunds (50%) for total withdrawals are mailed within 2 to 3 weeks.
- No refunds after Feb. 30, 2015.
- Refund includes only classes the student is enrolled in at the time the total withdrawal is made. This refund does not include courses dropped prior to the date of a total withdrawal from the university.
NOTE: To be eligible for a refund check, whether at 100% or 50%, you must have paid tuition and fees in full.
Your payments for special course fees are 100% refundable if you drop courses by Jan. 29, 2015. Special course fee refunds after Jan. 29, 2015 are at the discretion of the offering department.
Exit Interview for Graduating Loan Recipients
Graduating students who have the following types of loans are required by law to have an exit interview:
- Nursing Student Loans
- Garvey Rhodes Loan
- Blundell Loan
- Stafford Loans
- Perkins Loans
Students with Perkins Loans, Nursing Student Loans, Garvey Rhodes, Blundell should contact the Loan Department, on the third floor of the Student Services Building or call (775) 784-6095 to schedule an exit interview.
Graduating students with Stafford Loans should contact The Office of Student Financial Aid, Employment, and Scholarship, Student Services Building, room 319, or call(775) 784-4666 to schedule exit interviews.