Fall Fees 2015
Due to prior action of the Board of Regent's the Good Neighbor and Children of Alumni tuition categories are permanently closed to new admits. Individuals admitted to either of these statuses prior to June 17, 2011 must maintain continuous enrollment (fall and spring terms - summer not required) in order to continue receiving the tuition discount.
Per Board of Regents action the Senior Citizen tuition discount have been eliminated effective Fall 2011.
Effective Fall 2014 - Mandatory Graduate Student Health Insurance will be automatically applied to all degree seeking graduate students enrolled in six or more credit hours. More information regarding this required insurance is available on the Graduate School web page. If the student has other comparable insurance they may apply for a waiver. Waivers must be submitted by the following dates; no exceptions to these deadlines will be granted and a new waiver is required each academic year.
- Fall 2015 insurance waiver deadline: 09/08/2015
- Spring/Summer 2016 insurance waiver deadline: 02/02/2016
There is an annual cap on admissions in the WUE tuition category. Please see the General Course Catalog for additional program information.
- Aug. 21, 2015 Semester Fee Due Date.
- Aug. 22, 2015 Late Fees begin being assessed: For past due balances, late fees are assessed at a rate of $25 per day to a maximum of $250.
- Aug. 28, 2015 LAST DAY for Late Registration and to pay with late fees.
- Cashier's Office hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
- MyNEVADA is available 24 hours a day except during general maintenance and general outages.
All billing notices are sent by email and are no longer be sent by US Postal Mail. Student billing notices are sent to the email address that the student has on their MyNEVADA account. Please add CashiersOffice@unr.edu to your safe sender list to ensure that you receive communications from the Cashier's Office. Always keep your email address up-to-date in MyNEVADA. You can also view you bill online at any time by visiting MyNEVADA and selecting Student Center Dashboard, then Communication Center on the right side of the screen.
Your Mailing Address
Make sure the Office of Admissions and Records has your correct address on file. You may change your address on MyNEVADA.
Payment is due the Friday before classes begin. It is the last day to pay without late fees of $25.00 per day ($250.00 maximum).
If you are registering and/or paying for classes (one or more credits) from Aug. 24 through Sep. 4, 2015, you will be assessed late fees if not paid the same day as registering for the class.
If you do not pay your fees by [date to be announced]:
- Your registration will be canceled.
- You will be charged the maximum $250 late fee which will stop future registration and transcript receipts until paid in full.
- You will not be allowed to register.
- You cannot get your official transcripts.
- The final date for fee payment (with late charges) is before midnight on [date to be announced].
If you decide not to attend, please drop all your classes before the fee due date of Aug. 21, 2015 to avoid being assessed late fees.
- MyNEVADA: To pay by e-check or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) please follow the appropriate prompt for credit card payment. MyNEVADA will issue a receipt number once your payment has been completed successfully. You may print this for your records.
Not necessary for ID card validation, parking permits or other university privileges. Your ID card is valid after payments have been posted to your account.
Fee holds are outstanding financial obligations to the university. You must clear all fee holds before you register or request official transcripts. Clear your account atMyNEVADA.
You may choose a deferred Tuition and/or Housing fee payment plan if you have a balance owing of $500 or more. To select the Tuition Payment Plan, visit MyNEVADA and select the account and billing option. There is a $50.00 fee per semester for the deferment plan that will be added to your first bill. If you elect only the Housing Payment Plan, the $50 fee will be assessed and due by the second Housing Payment Plan due date.
- 33% of your total bill plus the deferment plan fee is due by Aug. 21, 2015.
- The next installment (33%) is due Sept. 21, 2015.
- The last installment (33%) is due Oct. 21, 2015.
- You will be assessed a 10% penalty if you do not make the correct payment on the appropriate dates.
Refund Policies - Dropping Individual Classes
- 100% refund if completed before midnight, Sept. 2, 2015. Refunds are mailed two weeks after the deadline.
- No refunds for dropping individual classes after Sept. 2, 2015.
- Last day to drop individual classes with no refund is Oct. 28, 2015.
Total Withdrawal From the Fall Semester
- 100% if completed by Sept. 2, 2015. Refunds (100%) for total withdrawals are mailed within 4 to 6 weeks.
- 50% of registration fees only for total withdrawal from all classes by Oct. 2, 2015. Refunds (50%) for total withdrawals are mailed within 2 to 3 weeks.
- No refunds after Oct. 2, 2015.
- Refund includes only classes the student is enrolled in at the time the total withdrawal is made. This refund does not include courses dropped prior to the date of a total withdrawal from the university.
NOTE: To be eligible for a refund check, whether at 100% or 50%, you must have paid tuition and fees in full.
Your payments for special course fees are 100% refundable if you drop courses by Sept. 2, 2015 . Special course fee refunds after that date are at the discretion of the offering department.
Exit Interview for Graduating Loan Recipients
Graduating students who have the following types of loans are required by law to have an exit interview:
- Nursing Student Loans
- Garvey Rhodes Loan
- Blundell Loan
- Stafford Loans
- Perkins Loans
Students with Perkins Loans, Nursing Student Loans, Garvey Rhodes, Blundell should contact the Loan Department, on the third floor of the Student Services Building or call (775) 784-6095 to schedule an exit interview.
Graduating students with Stafford Loans should contact The Office of Student Financial Aid, Employment, and Scholarship, Student Services Building, room 319, or call(775) 784-4666 to schedule exit interviews.