Transfer Admissions Program
TAP - a seamless transfer experience
What is TAP?
- Contact your community college advisor
- Contact a Transfer Recruitment Coordinator:
Kari Emm (775) 682-5928
The Transfer Admissions Program (TAP) is designed to give students an opportunity to continue their education and ultimately obtain a Bachelor's degree at the University of Nevada, Reno. Students will be able to prepare earlier and ensure themselves a "seamless" transition upon completion of their Associates degree. Advantages of being in the program are:
- Co-admission at both community college and the university, where credit hours count towards an Associates and Bachelors degree
- Access to the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center (library), Lombardi Recreation Center, and discounted tickets to athletic events
- Regularly scheduled visits with an admissions counselor who will explain in detail admission requirements, financial aid, and much more
- Enhanced academic advising and access to university faculty
- Invitation to specific transfer student events
- Waivers for courses at University of Nevada, Reno when AA, AS, or AB degrees have been obtained
Who can participate?
Students who are attending Great Basin College, Truckee Meadows Community College or Western Nevada College, and have intentions of transferring to the University of Nevada, Reno.