University of Nevada, Reno
Connect with us
The University of Nevada, Reno believes in the importance of providing a safe, healthy, and supportive environment for our students, faculty, and staff. We are committed to providing information, services, and programs that promote safety and wellness.
Download the Student Guide to Health, Wellness & Safety at the University of Nevada, Reno (PDF)
The notion of health and wellness on college campuses has evolved over the past decade, to a definition that goes well beyond the prevention of illness or injury. The University offers a host of programs to accomplish this goal. Among them:
- Campus Recreation and Wellness exists to support students, faculty and staff in all pursuits related to wellness and recreation. In addition to a wide range of for-credit courses (from yoga to snowboarding), Campus Rec operates the Lombardi Recreation Center and its myriad of programs including:
- A state-of-the-art fitness center including a climbing wall n an impressive intramural sports program coordinating leagues and tournaments
- A rental shop that loans skis, snowboards other outdoor equipment
- Numerous drop-in fitness classes
- An Olympic-size pool
- Group outdoor excursions, including snowshoeing, whitewater kayaking and mountain biking
- The Student Health Center is located on the north end of campus in the Nell J. Redfield Building, and serves the students with a full-time staff of licensed health care professionals, including physicians, nurses and pharmacy staff. Call: (775) 784-6598.
- Counseling Services provides professional counseling and related counseling services for the students of the University. Services are free and include individual and group counseling, evaluation for referral, substance abuse evaluation and treatment, and some testing services. Call: (775) 784-4648.