InfoEd Grants Management Software System
To manage grant activities at the investigator and sponsored projects levels, the University of Nevada, Reno utilizes electronic grants management system, InfoEd, which supports the following grant-related functions:
- Finding funding opportunities
- Proposal development
- Internal proposal approval routing
- Proposal tracking
- Proposal reporting
Becoming an InfoEd User
University personnel who are interested in using InfoEd must first complete appropriate user training. For further information about training opportunities, please contact InfoEd administrator, Erika Waday.
InfoEd User Guides
The InfoEd User Guides listed below provide step-by-step instructions for a variety of InfoEd functions.
InfoEd Technical Support
Please contact your assigned pre-award administrator for technical support. If you are unsure of who your assigned pre-award administrator is, please refer to the Office of Sponsored Projects Contacts page.
In-person and online training for InfoEd is available. Below are the different types of InfoEd training currently offered.
- Proposal Development Training: Proposal development training is geared towards faculty and staff members who prepare UNR grant proposals. The training covers the proposal preparation and internal approval routing process in InfoEd. Duration of training: two hours.
- Proposal Approval Training: Proposal approval training is intended for UNR chairs, directors, deans and vice presidents who only provide internal approvals for their area's grant proposals. The training demonstrates how to approve a proposal in InfoEd. If a chair, director, dean or vice president also prepares their own grant proposals, the proposal development training should be taken in lieu of the proposal approval training. Duration of training: 45 minutes.
- Department Administrator Training: Department administrator training is aimed towards those who need to obtain information from InfoEd. The training instructs users on how to locate and access information in InfoEd such as grant proposals, award documents and other grant-related information. Duration of training: 45 minutes.
Proposal Development Training Schedule
- July 22, 2014: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm (online via GoToMeeting)
- July 24, 2014: 9:00 am - 11:00 am (Ross Hall 207)
- July 30, 2014: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm (Ross Hall 207)
- August 5, 2014: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm (online via GoToMeeting)
- August 7, 2014: 9:30 am - 11:30 am (Ross Hall 207)
- August 13, 2014: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm (online via GoToMeeting)
- August 18, 2014: 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm (online via GoToMeeting)
- August 20, 2014: 9:00 am - 11:00 am (Ross Hall 207)
- August 25, 2014: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm (Ross Hall 207)
- August 28, 2014: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm (online via GoToMeeting)
To register for any of the above InfoEd trainings, please contact Erika Waday in the Office of Sponsored (OSP) Projects, firstname.lastname@example.org or 784-4049. If you are active in clinical trials rather than grants, please contact Erika Waday to arrange for InfoEd Clinical Trial training.
InfoEd Notification Emails and How to Prevent them from Going to One's Junk Mail Folder
InfoEd notifications regarding electronic workflow action items are delivered via email. To prevent InfoEd notification emails from going into one's junk mail folder, please view the instructions for Outlook on how to prevent InfoEd notification emails from going to the junk mail folder.