Finding sources of funding is a critical aspect of performing research. There is a wealth of opportunities for sourcing research operating funds, via government grants, foundations and other organizations. The University of Nevada, Reno provides the following grant-finding resources:
Internal Grant Writing and Research Proposal Resources
Dedicated support with grant and research proposal writing:
Agency Specific Information
Find grants for work within specific agencies:
- National Science Foundation (NSF) an independent federal agency.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Extramural Research is the nation's medical research agency. The NIH also has an advanced search page to help narrow down your grants.
Other Information Sources
Learn more about getting grants, including federal grants and outside foundations:
- Grants.gov is the central place to find and apply for federal grants. This site lists all current discretionary funding opportunities from 26 agencies of the United States government.
- The Foundation Center website will help locate prospective foundation funders.
- The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) provides a full listing of Federal programs.