Policies and Forms
Office of Sponsored Projects Policies
- Policy on Who Can Serve as Principal Investigator
- Facilities & Administrative Rates
- Personnel Activity Reports for Sponsored Agreements
- Change of Payroll Charges
- Guidelines for Charging Administrative and Clerical Costs to Federally Sponsored Projects
- Policy on Cost Transfers for Sponsored Projects
- University Cost Share Policy
- University Policy on NSF Two Months Salary Limitation
- Memo Account Policy
- Fixed Price Agreement Policy
- Export Control Policy
- Effort Reporting Policy
- Use of Human Subjects in Research, Development and Related Activities
- Training for Research Compliance with Environmental Health and Safety
- Use of or Exposure to Biological Agents Including Recombinant DNA
- University Alcohol and Drug Free Workplace
- NSHE Preparation and Approval of Contracts
- Additional Compensation, Supplemental Pay and Overloads
- Ethical Standards in the Conduct of Research
- Graduate Assistant Tuition Allocation
- Calculating Indirect Costs
- Institutional Activity and Proposal Preparation Support
- F&A Waivers
- Guidelines for Federal Sponsored Expenditures
Federal Policies and Regulations
- 2 CFR Chapter I, Chapter II, Part 200: Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements (Applies to grant awards issued on or after December 26, 2014)
- 2 CFR Part 215: Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Agreements with Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals, and Other Non-Profit Organizations (OMB Circular A-110) (Applies to grant awards before December 26, 2014)
- 2 CFR Part 220: Cost Principles for Educational Institutions (OMB A-21) (Applies to grant awards issued before December 26, 2014)
Export Control Policies and Regulations
Office of Sponsored Projects
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
Office of Sponsored Projects Forms
- Institutional Activity and Proposal Preparation Support [PDF]
- NSF Salary Calculator for A Faculty [XLSX]
- NSF Salary Calculator for B Faculty [XLSX]
- OSP Fixed Price Agreement Policy Form [PDF]
OSP-1 Transmittal Form [PDF]
This form must accompany all proposals and must be legible and completed in its entirety including signatures. Proposals must be submitted to OSP two business days prior to the submission deadline and five business days prior to the submission deadline if an electronic submission.
- OSP-1 Transmittal Form Completion Instructions [PDF]
- OSP-11 Cost Share/Match Worksheet [PDF]
OSP-12 F&A Cost Rate Exception Request [DOC]
This form is used to request a voluntary waiver of F&A.
OSP-2 Budget Revision [DOC]
Used to revise grant award budgets. Note: This form uses fringe rates in effect prior to 01/01/2015.
OSP-2 Budget Revision 01/01/15 [DOC]
Used to revise grant award budgets. Note: This form uses fringe rates in effect 01/01/2015 and beyond.
OSP-22 Budget Setup, Memo, Increase/Decrease [DOC]
Used for initial set up of grant award budgets and memo accounts. Also used to increase/decrease a grant award budget. Note: This form utilizes fringe rates in effect prior to 01/01/2015.
OSP-22 Budget Setup, Memo, Increase/Decrease 01/01/15 [DOC]
Used for initial set up of grant award budgets and memo accounts. Also used to increase/decrease a grant award budget. Note: This form utilizes fringe rates in effect 01/01/2015 and beyond.
- OSP-3 Administrative Costs Justification [PDF]
- OSP-30 Export Control Evaluation for Foreign Workers [PDF]
- OSP-4 Memo Account Request [PDF]
- OSP-5 Additional Account Set Up/Change PI/Co-PI [DOC]
OSP-6 Cost Transfer Justification [PDF]
This form is used to justify cost transfers (both payroll and non payroll) that occur under the following circumstances: 90 days after the transaction posting date, 45 days prior to the end date of the award, after effort certification or after the end of the award.
- OSP-SUB-1 Subrecipient Proposal Assurance Form [PDF] [DOC]
Request to Serve as Principal Investigator Form [PDF]
This form is used to request permission to serve as principal investigator (PI)on a sponsored project when one is not already authorized to serve as PI on a sponsored project.